Begging for an IDI and overdrive

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.hoobly.com/0/0/877400.html

After all these years, I still haven't outgrown this body style.

Dad had a nice 1975 like this but with different side trim package. Two tone copper and yellow, with 3 speed auto and fire breathing 390. I never really did get over that truck......

I know its probably not as comfortable, probably won't turn as tight a circle, probably not as practical, but still........I want one:hail

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those 70s trucks are the cats a$$ if you ask me. I have a couple, my favorite being a HIGH 74 with a 360 and four speed. It won't pass many gas stations, but it's my cadillac. Even with an old bench seat semi-worn to the bumps of my cheeks.

It's worn, it's rusty, it has a couple of dents. But it's better than a new truck with new truck payments.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
pretty dang nice.that sure looks like a true survivor.
lot of $ for an oldie but goodie though.doesn't even claim to be 4wd? not that it matters.i wouldn't drive the thing where 4wd was required lmao.
you'll have to really want it.:)
very nice.id keep that old girl bone stock and never dare to drive it lol.
i loved the 400 engine.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear you can make a 400 engine breath fire without too much effort but the problem is diesel is in my blood LOL.

I might be tempted to leave it generally stock but that also goes against my nature too.
Just look at my signature.

At the very least I would sooner fork over some hard earned money for a tuck like that with hot dipped galvanized parts in it than a the tinny trucks sold these days....

They don't make them like they used to and never will again, I suppose.

bird hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a REALLY nice find for the New England area and only about 65 miles from me - if only money and time didn't matter. I always liked the '70s Fords too my parents had an F100 of this era with the 300 six and yellow. I wonder what this had cost new in '77??

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
K, slightly different colors.. but damned close...

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Other than the grille, that is the EXACT truck my dad had! He had it converted to propane after buying it but thats THEE truck! Same color, same trim, same engine. Even has the side storage compartment.

Its nice to know there are still some out there. Maybe some day....

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$800 can be yours.. you are even on the right side of Canada.. I (it?) am (is?) 7 hours or so from Seattle.. or Couer d'alene

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$800 would be a great price for a truck like that up here. If you were closer I might be tempted to do something really stupid. Truth be told I need another project like I need a hole in my head. I have my Dad's truck apart at the moment, work isn't slowing down and I still need to finish current vehicle projects before I take on something like that.

Man it would be nice to hear a 390 rumbling again though......ok I think I need to got to bed now. LOL