Before the blood was dry.....

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've gotten a few of the good ones too Towcat. Turn around on titles in Nevada is about 17 days right now. Lein sales can be done in 36 days. Unfortunately not every dmv rep does things the same. Also policies seem to change alot then change back again. I try to be polite, and not make many waves. I even change up which dmv office I go to so as not to be remembered. I had to do this because when I helped out a title service I had to go to the title window in Carson City and the women would see me and call their stupervisor who would give me an awful time over the paperwork.
Funny thing is that I was trained by dmv to do things their way.

In2Fords

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a 1979 mercury capri here little while ago. I had the original title from 1979 and the daughter had given a bill of sale and a copy of her power of attorney cause the original owners had died to the guy I bought the car off of and he had given me a bill of sale. I got to the DMV and everything looks goo except that a power of attorney is only good while the person is alive so its a no go. They hand me some inheritance forms and I have to have the daughter fill them out and get them notorized, Im thinking this will be fruitless adventure but the guy I bought the car from was able to have the lady do it and make a bill os sale to me straight from her, YES! now I go back to the DMV and show them all the proper paperwork. They say they no longer accept that type of title because A, it is from 1979 and they have NO paperwork that old to verify it is real evn though they have the paper work from registrations for the last 30 years and B it was signed off by FOMOCO Financial back in 1981. The DMV couldnt verify that it was authentic signature from FOMOCO and so they cant put the title in my name. I asked one question, can they prove that any of it is not legit? if not its not my responsibilty to prove anything, there is no reason to think Im falsing anything. The manager agrees and lets me put the car in my name, I was even allowed to keep the oiginal title, thei going to mail it back to me :)
Good luck with the Nitemoose, Jeremy

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Well,Hopefully I won't have these problems monday.I was given a 1977 DJ5F(Postal Jeep for those that don't know).No title.Was given to me in Georgia and they don't issue titles for vehicles over 10 years old(Rolling time line).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat