Before anybody gets the notion...

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
No swonking here.

Never wanted a stink-n-rattle until I got The Crossbreed. Always true blue bowtie, all the way. Cummins is the only way to fly, no matter what kind of propaganda the Ferd boys want to throw out. Only thing better than a Cumins, is one that's a good looking as a Chevy. :draw

Party on dude!! :cheers:

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Mikes91 said:
Maybe going from the LEAST powerful diesel pickup on the planet to something more reasonable? I dunno...

Mike

Mike,

I got to take a ride in a buddies 1997 Chevy 6.5 TD and trust me a Turbo IDI has it. He was jamming the go pedal and I stuck my foot in my mouth when I asked him how she did when he poured the power on... :eek: He was a good sport about it... He said "I knew you were going to ask me to step on it and would not realize that was what I was doing after taking a ride in yours"

In it's defense it was completely stock as far as he knew - but trust me the IDI is NOT the least powerful out there. About the only thing that Chevy had going for it was the dash layout (I really like the dash layout on those era trucks) - but powerwise nope trust me they secured the bottom rung pretty good - it felt like The Enterprise when she was NON TURBO.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Travis, I'll take it a step further...

The day I got my truck, I blew out a tire on the 405 freeway just south of Sepulveda Pass, and found out the hard way that my uncle had removed the spare tire. I called AAA to get me off the freeway and to a tire shop, and the tow truck came...a '98 or so 6.5l wrecker. The guy drove with a binary pedal, and with my truck hooked to the back of his wrecker, he could NOT get the Chebby to go any faster than 45. I at first thought he was just doing it for safety, but when I realized that the 6.5l was giving everything it had, I stopped being embarassed about being bailed out by a bowtie... :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes

Members online