Beefed up Valve Body or Trans Command

tuckerd1

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
Reaction score
I spoke to Brian at BTS about Hypermax sales and I asked about trans command to be added at turbo install. He said he would build me a valve body that would do a better job than the trans command, do it hydraulically instead of electrically and cost less.

Yall know anything about this? Has anyone here done it?

Don

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
tuckerd1 said:
I spoke to Brian at BTS about Hypermax sales and I asked about trans command to be added at turbo install. He said he would build me a valve body that would do a better job than the trans command, do it hydraulically instead of electrically and cost less.

Don

Just Do It!,.. My Brother has one of his tranny's and has met with him on a couple of occasions. Brian knows it all, and is willing to do what it takes to make his customers happy. he does a great job, and if he says it is better, than it is!

the BTS Tranny is just flat awesome!

ajd257

Reaction score
Dont want to jack your thread but I was thinking about a transcommand system too. What are the prices of the banks transcommand? and the valve body from BTS. thanks

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
tuckerd1 said:

Don

yep go with BTS. The Banks is a good system but it's not a BTS. Rode in Dave's truck (Darrin's Brothers) and it's just flat awesome how the tranny performans.

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
argve said:
yep go with BTS. The Banks is a good system but it's not a BTS. Rode in Dave's truck (Darrin's Brothers) and it's just flat awesome how the tranny performans.

I have a BTS in my truck. Seems to be a nice unit, although I can't tell offhand what is different than stock.

Seems to like to downshift when I reapply the accelerator after letting off, then goes back to the correct gear. Makes towing better. Not sure if something isn't messing with something under the hood, though.

Shifts are definitely more solid.

Pulled a 6500 pound trailer across the country with zero problems. Trans going strong almost a year later. Hope it'll last longer than the 30,000 miles the last rebuild survived.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Mike if you question the operation just give Brian a jingle from what I've heard from the PSD boys he is very helpful with all concerns and questions - heck it's his product he should be willing to discuss concerns.

tuckerd1

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I had planned on going the BTS route but I sometimes try to over analyze things before I do it. Just wondered if anyone had something they knew about that others would like to know.

Don

scarr133

Reaction score
anyone with pics of installing one of BTS's valve covers? I just purchased one from Brian, just got delivered yesterday, getting ready to install tomorrow. Any pics or advise would be great. Thanks.

Runboy

Reaction score
Currently Antioch California - Soon heading to Cre
Transcommand

I threw my transcommand in the dumpster if that tells you anything about my opinion of it.
I could not tell one difference as far as firmness when I removed it and it actually cleared up some of the lagging shift issues I was having. Maybe unit was going bad? Don't know, don't care.

I just installed a Transgo "tugger" kit in my E40D and the shifts are much crisper now. It is designed for using exhaust brakes as well. No need to order a valve body, just get the kit and put it in yourself. Just make sure to get a separator plate to case gasket as well as a separator to control gasket or you'll be making emergency calls to all the local trans shops on sunday like I had to do. Not sure if they sell online but I got mine from Natpro for $99.

The Bauman TCS is the extreme electronic control mod or there was something called the "interceptor" that I need to go back and research. But, I would start with the hydraulic mod first.

My thought anyway,
Mike

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Don,

PM Joe (PAFIXIT) or he might see this thread, but I'm pretty sure he did the valve body upgrade & is very happy with it.

I'm trying to get around to installing a Sonnax kit in my 4r100. Bought the spring kit & the increased line pressure sleeve for 45.00 shipped. Not trying to take anything away from BTS, but there are other options.

As I was researching that purchase, I had a bunch of people tell me that improving the tranny hydraulic performance is more benefical than just the electronic enhancement. Just my .02

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you just one one level of shift firmness, it is better to do it mechanically rather than electronically, no doubt.

I like the "pressure risers" that I use simply because they offer an easily changed shift firmness for towing, etc. There's no reason why you couldn't combine an adjustable electronic unit with an improved valve body, you would just use the lower levels of the electronic unit for towing.

rancherman84

P.E.R.F.E.C.T!
Reaction score
that darn transcommand caused me all kinds of trouble after i installed it on my jasper reman.kept getting codes for bad TC and bad TPS also bad MLPS.cookoo took it off and put it back to stock and have no problems since

tuckerd1

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
Reaction score
I finally installed the Recal Pro shift kit from Bauman Engineering about a month ago. Used shift firmness #3. Selected this setting because the orifice you are told to drill in the instructions was already at #3 size.

The shifts are very firm. They can be a little harsh at low throttle though. Average driving is pretty good. I'm happy with it.

dsblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And shift level #2 works great. Have not had a hard shift with it. But it shifts nice and firm.
Well woth the $100.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828