bed removal

dairieman36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got the new to me bed home and was goin to start removal of the old bed tommaro and was wandering if you have to remove the fuel tanks or anythin else besides the bed bolts to get it off?

onetonride

onetonride
Reaction score
i think all you hve to remove is the fuel filler necks from the bed ... and the eight bolts holding her down... hope it all goes good for ya

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As stated above, filler necks, bed bolts and rear light harness. It just unplugs so no problem there at all. You may want to remove your rear bumper too.

BROWNIEBOY525

The old fleet
Reaction score
you just need to unbolt the filler necks i think theres 3 5/16 bolts in each and the bed bolts. be warned if they have not been out before there a mother to get off.

dairieman36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok thanks that confirms what i was thinking i dont currently have a rear bumper per say so that wont be a problem i just hope the bolts arent siezed up to bad and

dairieman36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i will use a bobcat to get the old one off and the new one on if i can if not then manpower

Exekiel69

Reaction score
If man power then You need at least 1 person to help but it is much better 4 total. it is a good thing to do some rust treatment if You are in a area where You use salt during the winter.

Papabear

Papabear
Reaction score
Berfore attempting to turn any bolts that you intend on re-using and if your local parts stor carries it use wurth rost off and wurst rost off ice
I just used these products 2 days ago to pull my downtubes and exhaust system off my '94 IDI all bolts are in perfect condition

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I just pulled my bed, rust belt truck. They were siezed so I ended up welding some 5/8" nuts to the top of them so we could hold them from spinning. I will need to buy some new bolts.

dairieman36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea i am going to get new bolts and get some spray on bed liner and coat the bed and frame before the new one goes on i havent been able to even attempt the swap yet i got switched to night shift so just trying to adjust right now

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin