Banks Automatic Turbo Kit

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is one of the original banks turbo kits before they began stamping banks into the turbo housing. I have everything that goes with the kit, minus the grommit and possible a few nuts and bolts.

The kit includes
turbocharger
mount
airbox- says 6.9 turbo across the top but came
off of a 7.3 with an e4od
snail
snail seal
glowplug mount for use on a 7.3
all the exhaust pipes
cdr equipment

The turbo itself is in excellent condition and has no in and out play and very little up/down play.
I can send pictures on request.

I would like to get 600 for it but also will accept offers. My number is 386 801 9093. I am availible anytime after 9:30 am.
email= [email protected]

Last edited:

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Currently I do not have access to high speed internet, but I have already uploaded pictures (thankfully), they are located under the alternative fuel section under a post called "Free veggie oil." On the second page there are pictures of the setup.

I usually bum internet off of my neighbors, but lately they gotten wise and turn it off when there not home!

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not sure what the shipping costs will be, I shipped a douglas nash overdrive to Pennsylvania awhile back that wieghed 98lb and it cost about a dollar a pound to ship it and this included shipping insurance. I think this kit weighs around 75lbs total. So I doubt that it would be much more to ship it to New York. The truck that it came out of originally had a c6 but was running on an e4od when I scraped the truck. From hanging out in the forums, I have found that the shift module is not used by many of the members on the site.

The box states 6.9 turbo on it but its always been on a 7.3, so everythings there to run it on the 7.3 with an automatic.

troupp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any idea what would be different between the auto and stick versions...as my truck is a stick.... would it all bolt on and clear everything? Still interested.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Any idea what would be different between the auto and stick versions...as my truck is a stick.... would it all bolt on and clear everything? Still interested.

There is a difference in down pipes, not sure if the up pipes are different or not, between auto's and manuals (ask diesel dog catcher)

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the original banks kits the automatics up pipe ran up the drivers side of the trans while on the manual it ran up the passengers side. I have seen the early automatic kits easily installed on a 4 speed manual tranny without a problem but the bell housing on the 5 speed is a little deeper and thus makes it a little more difficult. On that note, I have seen this exact kit put on a 5 speed manual. I contacted the guy that did it and I think he said that he put a body lift on the truck and had to cut the ridges off of the top of the transmission. Other then that it bolted right up and ran perfectly. The ridges had to be cut in order for the original uppipe to slide past the bellhousing.

The down pipes dont appear to be different between the kits, the difference is the mount that bolts to the head. On the manual I think the down pipe is a little farther away from the motor as the up pipe runs up next to it. On the automatic, the mount changes where the up pipe enters to the other side of the engine, thus there is more room for the down pipe on the passenger side.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
on a shipping sidenote....
I've shipped three Banks squarebox kits in the past, three boxes each kit, total cost is roughly $125-$135 from kali to the midwest.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I suppose the exhaust pipes play key in determing that price. Kinda require a larger box. Im willing to work with shipping if thats a problem, but who knows I usually can get a decent deal from the local UPS store. I ship pretty good sized items regularly so they usualy cut me a little slack.

Was it cheaper to send the kit out in three boxes, I usually find a way to fit everything into one box with plenty of packing and no free space.

zpd307

Reaction score
w/o the airbox, $86 from missouri to me. that was for a stock 94 setup. just fyi...

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
Dude
I am not sure if you want to sell off bits and pieces but I really need the Air Filter mounting bracket that Banks no longers makes. I would pay handsomely for it since otherwise I will have to pay someone to fab it.

OR at a minimum could you get the dimensions of it so could have one made?

I am very serious!!!!!

Thanks
Thad

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which bracket are you talking about? This has the two piece box, with the snail and air boox being a seperate piece. The snail is held to the intake and I believe that the airbox bolts to the top of the snail.