Banks Automatic Turbo Kit

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
Maybe I assumed this was the type that had a square air box and not the cylindrical type on the newer style.....

I was thinking it was the square type. If it is the bracket is used to mount the airbox to the intake.

Thad

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This kit is the one of the original kits with the square airbox. Have you figured out which kit you have? Mine says rotomaster on the side of the turbo and not banks like the second generation kit. Mine is also not wastegated. Was the kit you have off of an automatic or a manual? If youres is off of a manual and is the same kit as mine, I would be interested in swapping parts to complete eachothers kits.

Just look on the side of the turbo itself and see if banks or rotomaster is stamped into the turbo.

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
I KNOW mine is a Banks due to the markings all over it. My confusion was to whether or not your had the same air fliter box and the necessary bracket as my older style kit. I guess I wasnt specific enough.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mines a banks kit aswell. The very original banks kits used a turbo that said rotomaster on it. The second generation of the kit the turbo had banks written on. Everything on my kit says banks, but the turbo is a dead giveaway that what I have is one of the original banks turbo kits before they actually marked the turbo with their name. Also, was your kit off of an automatic or off a manual tranny truck?

sootman73

Reaction score
hey gonecrazyi you gotta turn on your private message stuff. got some questions for ya.

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
Mines a banks kit aswell. The very original banks kits used a turbo that said rotomaster on it. The second generation of the kit the turbo had banks written on. Everything on my kit says banks, but the turbo is a dead giveaway that what I have is one of the original banks turbo kits before they actually marked the turbo with their name. Also, was your kit off of an automatic or off a manual tranny truck?

Gotcha, mine is for an auto trans. Hopefully, you have time to take some more pics and post them. I just want to ensure I got this thing set before I go anyfurther on the install.....

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I posted some more pictures of the turbo setup on photobucket. Just search for "banks turbo" and my account will come up under gonecrazyi.

Dakotajeep. I took pictures of the upper and lower portion of my airbox. The snail portion goes on first and is held down much like the original airbox. The banks airbox sits on top of this and bolts to the intake snail by I believe two or bolts.

From what Ive read in other posts, banks had several different airboxes. The two piece are the best for making your own air intake system. Ive never actually seen the one piece airbox/snail, but I would assume that there would be an angle bracket that attaches in front of the intake hole on the engine. There should also be a bolt that runs on the inside of the airbox through the snail and into the bolt on the intake hole.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online