AutoEnginuity - cable?

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have had this thing forever, but the cable that goes from your computer to the OBD2 connector (proline connector) is damaged. I tried another cable that fit and lit up the OBD2 connector, but it won't communicate on any computer.

Does anyone know the type of usb cable? It is the older model, so it isn't a micro USB. It seems to fit mini USB but none of the ones I have are working.

The email I received from AutoEnginuity was a link to update my firmware haha.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Sadly the generic mini's wont work Danielle. I've tried a couple of them already.
Gott shoot AE an email or call them up for a replacement.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Threads like that make me REALLY appreciate how little we fight and how putting each other down is not tolerated here!

Anyway AE also told me it is a mini USB cable. But either something else is wrong with my ProLine or I need a different type cable. Going to go to Best Buy and see if they can help me.

You must be registered for see images attach

raydav

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had this thing forever, but the cable that goes from your computer to the OBD2 connector (proline connector) is damaged. I tried another cable that fit and lit up the OBD2 connector, but it won't communicate on any computer.

Does anyone know the type of usb cable? It is the older model, so it isn't a micro USB. It seems to fit mini USB but none of the ones I have are working.

The email I received from AutoEnginuity was a link to update my firmware haha.

It is not jest a cable, it is a dongle. I lost mine, I called AE, and they sold me a replacement.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86