Auto RX Update

smoking89IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I am almost at the 2500 (at 2000 miles now) oil change interval for Auto RX, and the results so far are......

Only have burned 1/2 a quart in 2000 miles, oil is 1/4 way down dipstick from full mark and the full mark is for 2qts low. I swear I have not even put in a drop of oil since I changed it.
Mileage up to around 18 or so right now (having too much fun sooting up the hybrids!!)
The oil looks like it has been in there for years!!! It looks like the blackest black I have ever seen.
Oil pressure is still normal (according to mech gauge, 18 psi idle and 55 at about 2200rpm's)

I can't wait till I cut the filter open at work and see whats inside, last time I did I had some brass and aluminium in it (very very small pieces) so I think I will have more that was buried in all the sludge. It seems to still produce the same amount of blowby though but it starts alot easier when cold.

Anyone else have similar reports? I think I am going to call the guy that makes it and see if he can make a bigger bottle for these IDI's.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
:D Nice isn't it
I've revived a number of near dead diesels with that stuff. Pretty nifty stuff. Kind of a pain having to buy all those bottles, but one bottle is just the right size for most engines. These things are just huge.
I had ones that inhaled a qt of oil every 30miles go to where around 1500 miles on a qt after treatments and if seen compression increase from around 135 to over 400 .

It's just one of those things you have to experience to believe possible how much a good cleaning can help.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am about 700 miles into a two bottle Auto-RX treatment and I've got to say I think this stuff is the only thing I've ever bought that actually worked as good as the description on the bottle. I am getting a lot less smoke under load, especially when going up a hill in a taller gear, and it does seem to pull better. I also had a very small rear main leak that has subsided. I am going to change my filter after 1200-1500 miles as I am curious to see what the early deposits are versus what comes out of the filter at the end of the treatment.

No matter what, I've been convinced and will be a repeat user. My only complaint is that I have to buy it mail order, but it's not that big of a nuisance.

tractorman86

Reaction score
i've never seen the stuff where do you get it? i think my ol' girl could use a treatment, seafoam works just as well but it is harder on the components, it is basically a solvent so it hurts the effectiveness of the oil.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
i've never seen the stuff where do you get it? i think my ol' girl could use a treatment, seafoam works just as well but it is harder on the components, it is basically a solvent so it hurts the effectiveness of the oil.

right here read the instructions for diesels you'll need 2 oz per qt, if you're using the PSD filter remember to take that into account. You will need to run at least the full two treatments. Unlike solvent cleaners, the stuff doesn't go in and break everything loose , it slowly disolves the sludge and varnish to where the filter can take care of it without letting big chunks cut loose and block passages ( years ago I had a solvent cleaner break a chunk of carbon loose and block a lifter on a small block cheby, had to tear into the thing -cuss )

Somewhere around here I have pictures of the insides of a european diesel with a quarter million seriously abused miles on it that had been inhaling oil that i treated with the stuff and it ran great. a year later the engine folded due to an unrelated issue, but I took pictures of the insides, I was able to clean the rings and ring grooves up on that thing with a can of spray cleaner .
I've seen identical engines that had been babied their whole lives on synthetic that I have to spend a great deal of time with a ring groove cleaner on.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Alright, you guys convinced me, I'll buy myself some of this stuff and try it ;Sweet. Before I do, though, it wont send anything to my turbo's bearings to seize it up will it. I've been there and done that, so I really dont want to do that again LOL.

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think the instructing say take off turbo and send to me and ill use it while your cleaning your engine.

smoking89IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, you guys convinced me, I'll buy myself some of this stuff and try it ;Sweet. Before I do, though, it wont send anything to my turbo's bearings to seize it up will it. I've been there and done that, so I really dont want to do that again LOL.

I have a turbo on mine and havent had a problem yet but I bet my clearances in my turbo are a little larger than your newer one.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
THis stuff won't break big chunks off and send them through the system, it slowly liquifies the junk a little at a time. That's why it takes so darn long for it to work, but it's worth the wait to avoid the problems that the solvent type cleaners can cause ( like big chunks breaking loose and jamming themselves into things ).

FordGuy100

Reaction score
i think the instructing say take off turbo and send to me and ill use it while your cleaning your engine.

LOL.....I think I'll pass on that one :D

THis stuff won't break big chunks off and send them through the system, it slowly liquifies the junk a little at a time. That's why it takes so darn long for it to work, but it's worth the wait to avoid the problems that the solvent type cleaners can cause ( like big chunks breaking loose and jamming themselves into things ).

Thats good, wouldnt want to spend $400 again on a turbo rebuild :puke:

No you misread those it said "take it off and ship it h2odrx" :D

I'm sure thats what he meant :D

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright. I just ordered 4 bottles. Stuffs not cheap. Gonna use it on the Moosestang.

memphisrain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep updates going will you guys? I my have to try some when I get the heads back on my '88

Thanks,
mR