Attn 92 – 94 guys. Anyone have a factory CD option?

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has the factory CD option in their truck. And if so, a couple of questions…

1. Is the CD player integrated in with the radio? Or is it a slave deck that is separate from the radio and tape deck?
2. If it’s the separate slave deck, where the heck did they mount it?
3. If it’s integrated with the radio, does it also have a tape deck, or just CD?

JPR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rob, even the 96 radio that I have in the 1991 is still a cassette. There were Ford/Sony 10 disc changers that were dealer add-ons. The only difference between the Ford/Sony and the Sony was the F/S had the adapter cable to connect into the power to the radio without splicing.

This is what the controls looked like. I mounted mine to the bottom of the seat of the 2002 F150. I just picked up a used Sony 10 disc changer for the 1991. I think it is going to have to be stood up behind the rear seat. Neither my front bucket seats or rear bench seat have enough clearance to mount it underneath as I had hoped.

Last edited:

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Well, I think I’m just gonna go with a fairly decent aftermarket deck. They seem pretty cheap these days, and that'll get me listening to some CDs

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
My dad is all mad that they don't put casset players in the trucks anymore, only cd. Apparently the dodge came with a cd/radio/casset combo. *shrugs*

If i were you i'd look for a nice sony unit. That's what i have and it's really nice, but i imagine that nowadays (mine is quite old) they're all pretty good and about the same. Might want to look for the MP3 feature, that way you can burn a cd with 300 songs on it, instead of 20.

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
ya, since Im going aftermarket, I really do like the idea of an MP3 player.

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by F350camper
ya, since Im going aftermarket, I really do like the idea of an MP3 player.

I put a Clarion unit in mine. I, too, wanted a cassette... also wanted a CD player in the same unit. No luck.

It is nice to be able to listen to WMA/MP3, though. I make my own CD at home, and can listen to hundreds of songs on it... yes, on the same disk.

Nice technology...

NOW if only these damned aftermarket audio companies would make a deck that fit into our trucks, but has larger buttons that can be pressed while driving. All these units are made for cars... not for bouncy trucks.

Mike

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel