E4OD 351 injected 94 help

Damian2685

Reaction score
Howdy all ,

I have limited e4od experience and resources here ,

I have a 351 with a bad e4od the only one I could get is the later version

Mine is 94 it’s a 96

my question is

Can I modify the loom or cheange the ecu to suit the trans ?

Or just go stand alone ecu for the auto ?

What’s my cheapest option ?
In d it’s in 4 and in 1 it’s in 2nd

So I can move it just not drive it

Damian2685

Reaction score
The stir cable works great , the electronic plug is different on the valve body I’m told the ecu is different they changed the diodes or something

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am fuzzy on if there are any other concerns other than the design of the connector on the solenoid body...if you don't damage the VB gasket...what is stopping you from shaping up an earlier solenoid body and bolting it in...in place of the later body...??

It comes out seperate from the other parts of the VB system..
In d it’s in 4 and in 1 it’s in 2nd
this happens when you either disconnect the main harness connector or lose power to the unit or TCM...it is in manual mode...

No power to the shift solenoids...

Your supposedly 'bad' E4OD might not be bad, after all....

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
The stir cable works great , the electronic plug is different on the valve body I’m told the ecu is different they changed the diodes or something
I overlooked the year.. You need to change the solenoid pack to a 89-94. Then it will be plug and play. 95 the E4 had a moderate overhaul. One of the changes was the solenoid pack.

The solenoid packs are in groups 89-94 and 95-98.

Damian2685

Reaction score
I am fuzzy on if there are any other concerns other than the design of the connector on the solenoid body...if you don't damage the VB gasket...what is stopping you from shaping up an earlier solenoid body and bolting it in...in place of the later body...??

It comes out seperate from the other parts of the VB system..

this happens when you either disconnect the main harness connector or lose power to the unit or TCM...it is in manual mode...

No power to the shift solenoids...

Your supposedly 'bad' E4OD might not be bad, after all....
My original was full of coolant and dead!!!!! New auto is this one apparently ecu and valve body is different, and my old VB is bad!