ATS turbo

aaronr19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just picked up a ATS turbo for my 93 7.3 idi and it doesnt have the intake or the pedestal and i cant find anywere to get them. im going to be towing 10,000 pounds or so once or twice a week about 4 hours and would would like to not drive my truck foot to the floor to keep 55 mph. also need oil lines. anyone know were to get these?

sjwelds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Send a PM to typ4, a member of this forum. IIRC he bought all of ATS's stock of parts when they discontinued the turbo systems for our IDI engines.

Plus he's a top-notch individual to work with.

Good luck. A turbo is the single best upgrade you can make to these engines IMO.

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck sourcing just those parts. You may be better off just picking up a whole complete kit. They usually come around once and a while, and typically a good price for any idi turbo kit is about $800 +-200. In any event search eBay for incomplete kits, hit up the for sale section in this forum and generally be proactive with your search, you may get lucky. Oil lines are easy and can be made, or purchased from typ4, hes a great guy.

aaronr19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
typ4 has everything i needed for pretty cheap.. just short on cash and i got my turbo for free so trying to keep it cheap tell i get some $$ saved up. not gona install it tell i get some gauges.. egt/engine/boost and possibly a tranny one.. and a commuter car otherwise i have to install a turbo on my 1 day off work,