ATS Turbo Y Collector

87-F-250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to install the Y collector without removing the studs from the exhaust manifold? I don't want to remove my exhaust manifold if I don't have to. I'll just buy some new studs for the crossover assembly. I doubt I'll be able to remove the studs from under the truck without screaming and breaking things. -cuss

Has anyone used a slidehammer to bring the firewall back from inside the cab? :D

Rodney Red radiators is working on an all in one fan and aluminum radiator setup for Project 300.

I predict a wave of IDI parts soon to hit the market.;Sweet

Now for some propaganda.
Check out the skyline (top section) in the May issue of Diesel Power. It features Icanfixall. :yell:

I wish we could communicate only in smilies.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spray the studs down with Aerokroil in advance and they will come out easy with an impact. The shoulder on the stud wont let the casting seat properly.
It is the lip on the firewall that is the issue, if the cab mounts are sacked you wont get enough room no matter how much you beat it back. I put in urethane mounts and 1 inch spacers and have tons of room.

BTW nice article. I should have some RWHP numbers in a couple weeks, I will post them here then you can reference my mods and numbers if you wish.

87-F-250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. So how do you do it with an impact? Put two nuts on and tighten them together so they are lined up and then put the socket over the two and squeeze the trigger?

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. So how do you do it with an impact? Put two nuts on and tighten them together so they are lined up and then put the socket over the two and squeeze the trigger?

They have a hex built on, that is why the y-mount wont fit up.