ATS 093 Comp Housing

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Is there an o-ring that seals where the comp housing bolts to the CHRA? i was thinking about just taking it apart and RTV'ing it, but i am not fond of that idea lol.

I have a decent boost leak from there and keep putting off trying to fix it, but if i can find an o-ring then that might motivate me more to try and fix the leak lol.

Thanks!

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there an o-ring that seals where the comp housing bolts to the CHRA? i was thinking about just taking it apart and RTV'ing it, but i am not fond of that idea lol.

I have a decent boost leak from there and keep putting off trying to fix it, but if i can find an o-ring then that might motivate me more to try and fix the leak lol.

Thanks!
PM Russ Typ4

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that one is hard to get, I re use all during rebuilds, I have gotten the ones for a to4b and cut them to size, put in housing then a small drop of super glue, then some lightgrease to lube it while clocking. Even my supplier cant get the exact one.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and many people on the forums warned me against banks.well they may be expensive to buy some things,sure but at least i can buy them.how much is your truck worth to you?
it may be time to consider buying a hypermax or a banks turbo.something you can still buy parts and seals for.just a suggestion.it was an extremely easy decision for me,due to one day down,would be one day too many.so not like i had much choice lmao.who knows how much longer hypermax and banks will stick around either though.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
most of the compressor housings on any turbo does not have an oring to seal it, but the public doesnt like oil seeps, so the oring started. A little rtv on the outer edge will usually seal it but most use half a tube which is a little much, yes ive seen that much, laying on the intake screen.

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced one with simple window screen rubber that goes around the edge to hold the screen to the frame. Works great picked up about 5psi. Super glue or any really strong glue to keep it in place I melted the center 2 together with a lil propane torch. I'm sure glue would do you fine though.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
really thinking about trying to get this thing sealed up, but i am not confident in the RTV. not sure what to do. looks like a bit of a pain to keep taking on and off as well.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ultra grey will work, just let it cure before running it or it will blow out. for the compressor housing not the intake.

and for the record, banks nor hypermax can get those little parts for their turbos either. I have several to4b glued ones working fine.

Last edited:

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No rtv for sealing pressure in the intake tract. It's not made for that at all.

I've had wonderful success using viton o-rings from mcmaster-carr. I have a 1/4" thick o-ring for my intake hat and it works great. You can look up by diameter, thickness, round, or square cut on the mcmaster website and order accordingly.

Ryan