ATS 088 turbo exhaust housing

onebadiditurbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in need of an exhaust housing for ATS 088 system. During disassembly two bolts broke off in mine. I have a rebuilt center section for replacement but can't get this one to separate. Does anyone have one they would sell?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Please contact typ4 aka Russ in Oregon. I believe he bought up all the spare parts from ATS when they quit selling these turbos.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dont have any 088 castings anyway, you will need to get the bolts out. NOT FUN.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lots of soaking with carb cleaner, light tapping, I have had to use some pretty severe methods but then new parts are involved.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah they are not fun. I rebuild em too.

onebadiditurbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well maybe u can answer this. Long story short I got desperate couldn't get the taper to turn loose so I welded a bead around the inside of it to get it hot enough and cooled it with dry ice and it came out. Couple obvious problems one can't use part that I put the weld on which is a given good news (maybe) was that I had a new rebuilt center section complete turbine wheel to compressor wheel from the previous factory ford turbo I had so I swapped it in. I couldn't tell if that tapered heat shield thingy was the same or not cause it kinda seemed loose. I guess as long as I'm confessing I couldn't tell if the hot side turbine was the same. Can someone answer this.

Black dawg

Reaction score
you put the factory turbo cartridge into the 088 housing? I think that the factory turbo is t3 on the exhaust vs t4 on the 088

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828