ATI Procharger

amjperformance

Supporting vendor
Reaction score
First it was the bearings went out. Chunks of metal all in the housing. Replaced the bearings and seals. Now it is in pieces because the gears stripped. All the teeth on the gears came apart and the wheel smashed against the snail-shell and flattened the fins. The thing just will not hold together. Only 7000 miles on it. Now it is in pieces. That is all....-cuss

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Wow. That sucks! What were you running it on if I might ask, just curious. Never sold any of those back in my performance day, so I don't know much about them either.

Desert Dually

cane corso
Reaction score
I rode in a 1998 Corvette that had an ATI procharger in it, it ran like the proverbial ***** ape. Dunno anything about how long they last. Seems like it should be good for 60-70 thousand miles though, right? The factory blowers on the Pontiacs and Buicks last over 100k miles. Is yours still under warranty? Have you contacted them about the problems? Some companies will try to help you out, and then others treat you like total crap and make you angry that you ever spent money on their products. I hope you get it straightened out, I hate those kind of headaches and I'm sure you do too.

amjperformance

Supporting vendor
Reaction score
It was out of warranty about 6 months before I had problems. I called them several times, but they did not want to help. They just wanted more money. $75.00 plus shipping to look at it. $1500.00 to rebuild it. I already spent almost $5k when I bought it. They are one of those companies that I regret buying from. It was FUN when it was right. The truck is lowered 4 inches. Has headers, 36lb injectors, racing wires, and a 4-position chip. A slick, fun ride. Now it is still slick and low, but without the power to back up the Cobra emblems on the fenders. Oh well. Live and learn!

tractorman86

Reaction score
wow 5 grand and they wont help you!!!!! i would be so mad! sorry to hear it man hope you get it figured out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7