As Legal As They Come!

big van

Nobody Special
Reaction score
Congrats!! ;Sweet
I remember taking the test on the courses they had at the State Police barracks in Dublin,PA. I was in my brothers 73 GTO. When I fired it up the lady officer open her door & looked under the car to make sure it had exhaust!! I passed even though she had me speed up pretty good in the serpuntine section! :peelout:peelout
Now that you have your license be careful! This is only the beginning.

sootman73

Reaction score
i passed the first time with only one point left to miss. my turns weren't square enough for the lady... what do you expect! i have a truck that cant make square right turns! oh well. i think i used more diesel that next week than any other time in my life so far!LOL

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Congratulations. I remember how good it felt to feel- like you just got your independance-Enjoy it.;Sweet
I won't tell too much about when I got my license but there were a lot of chip marks on the guys stone tablet he carried. I took my test on a 1947 chevy 2 ton dually with a 12 ft bed.:dunno He handed me a peice of slate with my name carved in it and said "good luck".:D

PS my score sheet is in the archives at the Smithsonian,if you are curious.

Last edited:

Todd C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulations!!!;Sweet
Having two sons who got their drivers licenses in PA, I know what kind of accomplishment that is. You won't know how you lived without a license before...

zpd307

Reaction score
congrats! i only lost four points. because i did not look both ways crossing a sets of rr tracks. he was also telling me to make a left at the next intersection.. and i was in the right lane. anyway. good job!

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
Congrats Mathias practice helps calm the nerves even if you don't need it My drivers ed instructor asked me how long I had been driving then proceded to fall asleep while I just drove around LOL When I took my CDL test I might have aced it but on the inspection part my instructor told me I had enough points to pass if I wanted to quit or we could keep going so we just stopped there.

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
In Indiana if you take and pass driver's ed with a certain score, you don't have to take a driving test when you turn 16 and 1 month. I did and I didn't. Only had to take a written test. Man that was a long time ago.

deezlwex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats. Matthias. I'd probably flunk the parallel parking now!LOL

When I took my test, it was at the State Police Belmont (Philadelphia) Barracks, and I took it in my father's 1978 Ford Fairmont Futura (dear Lord...:puke:). State Trooper got in, I did all the stuff, and passed the first time.

Scott

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
Congrats!;Sweet Just be sure to keep from playing with the pedal on the right too much so that you don't get a bunch of speeding tickets.:eek: I don't know about there, but here if you get three "improvement tickets" (i.e. speeding, no turn signal, etc.) within the first year, DMV will revoke your license for 12 months.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Congratulations! A new moose is on the loose :D Now you can FINALLY enjoy the benefit of all that hard work putting that thing together ;Sweet
Now to fill the tanks :eek:

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Do you guys have that stupid law about having no minor passengers for the first six months that you have your license? :rotflmao
I had that one and I still had my car loaded to the gills within 30 minutes of leaving the DMV. I never met one person who followed that law, and when i first got pulled over and the cop saw 5 passengers he said nothing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dented73