Are you sitting down,,,,,,,,,,, A real Brownie U/D/O

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
Can't wait until I can work on installing my granny/under/direct/over unit. Imagine blowing folks minds by shifting through 4 gears in reverse! LOL

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
I want this soooooo bad!!
You must be registered for see images attach

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IFN only this could be stuck in front of a T19/18 or NP435 like a ranger OMG this would be absolutely killer then!!!!! Especially with a 203/205 combo....OMG I want it!

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
The stock trans will have a short drive shaft going to the brownie and then from that another shaft to the rear end. Basically you loose the carrier bearing and slip the brownie in it's place. Definately easier to fit on a crewcab longbed. Shifting on the fly isn't really needed, but you can float the gears if needed. No syncros, so you have to be smooth. It will mess with some folks when they see the auto shifter on the tree and the 4 speed on the floor and no clutch pedal.

hairyboxnoogle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would be way fun to get ahold of. I learned to drive in an old 69 F-8000 Beet truck, CAT 1160, 4 spd with a 4spd brownie. 1,2, UD, DI

wmoguy

Reaction score
The stock trans will have a short drive shaft going to the brownie and then from that another shaft to the rear end. Basically you loose the carrier bearing and slip the brownie in it's place. Definately easier to fit on a crewcab longbed. Shifting on the fly isn't really needed, but you can float the gears if needed. No syncros, so you have to be smooth. It will mess with some folks when they see the auto shifter on the tree and the 4 speed on the floor and no clutch pedal.

Definetely post up how it goes and after some miles on it please. I'd be interested in this for my 94. Something just seems like it would go serioussly awry on a slush box. Id' think the shifting of the brownie anytime while the trans is engaged would shock the living begeezuz out of it an cause some very quick and premature damage to it. I suppose a quick drop into neutral while rolling down the highway then trying to line up your brownie shifts would save that. If so doesn't sound like much fun of a drive though...