Anyone want to buy a truck

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I worked for a tranny shop years ago and I swore that if it couldn't be fixed by a good conditioner and a little exercise fallowed up with a filter and fluid change by me, that I would buy a tranny to replace it with. A C6 is easy to rebuild yourself but with what I've seen in the tranny industry, what you got is what I put in the first line of this post. It fixed it and then a seal went out and they had to fix that. If they had rebuilt the tranny then it would have gotten new seals and they would not have charged you to replace a faulty one. I saw so much of this going on it made me sick and I didn't want my name part of it. There are some good shops out there, but I don't know how to identify them!
kali has specific kits that must be done and god help you if you don't have used parts to show the inspector when the BAR comes by for a visit.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tell you what really has me dumfounded. This shop has been there for 35 years, they have excellent reviews and I have known several people that had great luck with them. Hell, I've even recommended several people to them and they are all happy.

there are a few tranny shops around here that i used to use all the time and send them customers.with 1 the prices skyrocketed and quality fell off.another i used for years.i sent him all the work i could.after having them rebuild my e4od i wont send them any work and i wont use them.i was under the truck pulling the tranny more than it was being drivin till i swapped in the 5 speed.

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I drove the blasted thing all over town this morning and the transmission performed just fine. Guess time will tell.

Anyone know a good connection for a steering box? This ones had a slow drip for the last 2 years and now it's starting to leave puddles. I was hoping it was the power steering pump but no such luck.

idi traveler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be sure to install a spin on filter and if you don't have the heaviest cooler you can find do so, even if you don't do much towing.

MMeier

Reaction score
Which shop has been around this crap hole for 35 years.... with the same owners ????:dunno

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which shop has been around this crap hole for 35 years.... with the same owners ????:dunno

Boy, you got the crap hole part right!

Earls transmissions, they are right next to the entrance of Nellis AFB.

I'm going to go in there today and have a little chat with them. I tried to back up the driveway last night and reverse is shuddering real bad again. I'm so pissed, all I can do is sit back and laugh!

sootman73

Reaction score
Whats your warranty? I would just let it shudder and blow it up again. as bad as possible. Then they will have to warranty it and have to send it out to be done because they cannot do a warranty rebuild because it would be impossible to determine if they put actual new parts in it. tell them that you want to see the kit of new parts and then see all the old parts once its done. it better match old to new.....

I know what its like messin around with tranny work, time and time again i pulled that E4OD. i still have it memorized every nut and bolt in the thing....

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats your warranty? I would just let it shudder and blow it up again. as bad as possible. Then they will have to warranty it and have to send it out to be done because they cannot do a warranty rebuild because it would be impossible to determine if they put actual new parts in it. tell them that you want to see the kit of new parts and then see all the old parts once its done. it better match old to new.....

I know what its like messin around with tranny work, time and time again i pulled that E4OD. i still have it memorized every nut and bolt in the thing....

I dont know how long the warranty is but they're always more than happy everytime I go in there to keep fixing it.
It is getting damn old though!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online