Anyone used the stock fuel tank to heat WVO?

nicksorenson

Reaction score
I've got a leaky fuel pickup/return system (probably in my solenoid) I run WVO in my other vehicles so I figured this'd be a good chance to WVO my IDI while I'm cleaning up air leaks in the stock fuel system.

Has anyone added a heated fuel pickup to the stock Ford tank? I figure I have two tanks, why not two tank system this truck while I'm working on it anyways.

Anyone done it? I've searched and found that a few have done it but I didn't see the how. A link would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!
Nick

Exekiel69

Reaction score
The fuel sending unit will last a short time with wvo and the metal in the tank will react to the oil. Sooner or later it is better using a aluminum or SS tank and parts.

nicksorenson

Reaction score
I think there are a few companies like them. I'm looking to use the stock fuel tank. It's made out of metal, I don't see why it wouldn't be possible. Even if the fuel pickup and fuel level sender are cheesy, I'm sure those two pieces can be beefed up to work. That'd be easier than adding an extra tank (I think).

Full Monte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to use the second tank for veg. oil too, but the tank material is not as compatible with the oil as aluminum or stainless are. You can test this out for yourself by putting some oil in a 55 gal steel drum and watch the reaction that happens between the oil and steel over time, and how the by-products of the reaction will end up in your injection pump.