anyone use Napa batteries?

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
i was gunna say, johnson controls makes motorcraft.

at work we are having terrible luck with both napa and autozone duralast batteries. out of the 150 vehicles we service about 10 needed new batteries and all were replaced within a yr...i dont favor either one...and we get the best series when we repalce factory.

Crumm

No Comment
Reaction score
They are outsourced as well.
IIRC, Johnson Controls makes Motorcraft. They make Duralast as well, and they make a pretty good battery also.
When company A makes a product for company B company A makes it to company B's spec. In this case Johnson controls is making the Motorcraft battery and the Duralast battery but they are far from being the same battery. Johnson Controls is just the manufacturer. There are many parts out there that are being built by outside sources but they are built to Motorcraft specs. I for one am impressed with the Motorcraft battery spec as they have outlasted any other battery I have ever ran by 3x +.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
i have to agree, Motorcraft all the way for us. as soon as they go on sale im picked up two BXT-65-850 motorcrafts for me deisel. we use the deisel batteries in our gas pick ups and they spin em over with no problem.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive got two of the Diesel rated Duralast batteries in my turck, been running strong for two years know. They've outlasted several started failures (took 3 before autozone got one that worked!) as well as crappy battery wire. I figured they would have died a lot sooner, but heck I dont want to buy batteries right know anyway.

We tried the walmart batteries and they were nothing but crap. They short circuited and if left to sit for more then a weak they would just die. We melted the top off of one in a 90 lincoln, after arguing with the walmart auto department they took the battery and returned our money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle