Anyone need a 7.3 IDI Longblock?

tuckerd1

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
Reaction score
It is turbo motor by part #

Motorcraft Part # LGB-229RM - [Engine Assy (Longblock)] W/Engine Serial # 1116331-END IDI Turbo; F3TZ-6V012AARM

Don

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
Freight_Train said:
dang it.I was gonna make a run for it.
Hey Freight train let me know what you would be willing to give for it as right now I'm kinda stretched tight so if I can't reach the reserve I'll give ya a hollar and let you know that I'm done and what I went up to also if you were gonna make it up for the IDI rally I could run up and pick it up and bring it to ya at the rally if ya can't get up to get it earlier or if nothin else we might be able to relay it down to ya or at least real close :thumbsup:

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
93turbo_animal said:
Hey Freight train let me know what you would be willing to give for it as right now I'm kinda stretched tight so if I can't reach the reserve I'll give ya a hollar and let you know that I'm done and what I went up to also if you were gonna make it up for the IDI rally I could run up and pick it up and bring it to ya at the rally if ya can't get up to get it earlier or if nothin else we might be able to relay it down to ya or at least real close :thumbsup:
Well,right now I am in about the same boat as you but I was thinking around $1500.I ain't hit the stealership to see what they charge for a long block....scared to!After all,they want 25 bucks just for a glow plug!

Last edited:

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
Freight_Train said:
Well,right now I am in about the same boat as you but I was thinking around $1500.I ain't hit the stealership to see what they charge for a long block....scared to!After all,they want 25 bucks just for a glow plug!

hey I know it right now I'm trying to wait till after thursday I'll get my taxes done and find out the good or bad news :rolleyes:

Freight_Train

Reaction score
93turbo_animal said:
hey I know it right now I'm trying to wait till after thursday I'll get my taxes done and find out the good or bad news :rolleyes:
I bit the bullet when I got my W2s.Luckly I got back right at a G from feds and state.Most of that went to fuel and the Visa.

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
500 back from the feds, and I owe 550 to the state. That's usually how things go around here. You think you have good news, until the bad news is just a little worse.

tuckerd1

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
Reaction score
93turbo_animal & Freight_Train, I'm interested too. But, I ain't getting in no bidding war with yall.

What's the compression ratio on a 94 turbo engine?

Don

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
tuckerd1 said:
93turbo_animal & Freight_Train, I'm interested too. But, I ain't getting in no bidding war with yall.

What's the compression ratio on a 94 turbo engine?

Don

comp ratio is the same as the non turbo'd jobbies 21:1

Dale_Lakin

Reaction score
Freight_Train said:

$3862 IS DEALER COST on that!! :eek:

Freight_Train

Reaction score
actually,that ain't as bad as I thought.....go to Advanced auto parts and price a regular 7.3L IDI long block.CHAAA CHING!Over 4Gs....But not sure if that came as a drop in or just a long block like the one on Ebay.As for the HO IDI Ken is building me some low compression piston.Not sure if I wanna keep a can of thrown rod in a can and drop to 17-1 or have a slight glimmer of hope on starting with 18-1.Leaning toward the drug addict version so I can ram in some serious boost along with other "Additives".But if you want something you can drive on cool days I would stick with 18.5 or higher compression.Lower than that and you will need to have the Pope come and bless the truck for it to fire up in the winter(or mornings like we be getting up here in Gadsden this week).