anyone have info on the 1200hp idi

Status
Not open for further replies.

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
This thread was about an old 1200hp IDI. Not a place to start a boxing match.. Just end this now before the mods have to. If you want to box each other then use the private message service.

But, the one-on-one thing doesn't have the same effect as the public bashing does...

Ever notice how through the screen of the computer ball-bashing is so much easier to do. Most of the guys here wouldn't say to eachother's faces what they put on here. cookoo

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This thread was about an old 1200hp IDI. Not a place to start a boxing match.. Just end this now before the mods have to. If you want to box each other then use the private message service.

Believe me, I have a few choice words but am so far able to hold back....

So has anyone ever actually got on the phone with hypermax and asked about that 1200 IDI?

The story has been bouncing around for a while and at one point I heard it was only 600 Hp:dunno

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
So has anyone ever actually got on the phone with hypermax and asked about that 1200 IDI?

The story has been bouncing around for a while and at one point I heard it was only 600 Hp:dunno

lol LOL 1200....600... almost the same thing. Iv never even heard of such hp or have seen those pics before. Kinda neat.

wmoguy

Reaction score
A Jegs or Summit Racing sticker is good for 50 hp. I read it on the internet

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
lol LOL 1200....600... almost the same thing. Iv never even heard of such hp or have seen those pics before. Kinda neat.

What did it run in the 1/4? That would give you a good idea of HP.

Did you ever get my PM on the cruise?

SWS

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ever notice how through the screen of the computer ball-bashing is so much easier to do. Most of the guys here wouldn't say to eachother's faces what they put on here. cookoo
nutless-
I'm a equal opportunity *******. even more in person:D

NMB2-
you've referenced many times that is place is nothing more than a playpen for your pranks.
beautiful.
I hope that every new member develops into a asset in more ways than one. years ago, a core group came over from another site and made this place a new home. many more have come and gone over the years, but the core values are still the same. we're not the "fastest" or the mostest" or the "bestest" but after a while of watching the online persona, we're there in person for each other when needed. Others who started here needing help have developed into assets of the site by their own contribution. I sincerely hoped you were able to do so too. There's not many who are in the financial position to build a fire breathing monster like you allegedly did so. Ok. you have vids of a fast truck that can pull weight.
congratulations.
you don't want to tell everyone your ingredients on what you done.
great. that's your right.
we're well aware of your reluctance and it's duly noted.
as a result, please don't be offended when you're questioned about your performance claims with the stated combination of parts.
you keep referring to your service in the army, you're in good company here, there's many who are serving and have served in all branches who conduct themselves in a professional manner onduty and online.
if you feel you need a place to have a free-for-all slugfest, you might want to test the waters at "pirate". they thrive on that kind of action.
we're actually very boring here and I'm not going to put up with it much longer. when I have longstanding members here starting to throw jabs(darrin/vic) it's not a good thing.
the choice is yours.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Found this on a Tractor Site:

Back in the early 1990s, max Lagod of Hypermax put together an extraordinary engine package for a customer yearning to compete in sled pulling. With nothing holding him back, Lagod designed a 7.3L that included two Garrett turbos (which were state-of-the-art then but probably not manufactured anymore), a Bosch inline P-pump, custom injectors, a fabricated intake and exhaust manifolds, and slight cylinder head work.

Surprisingly, much of the factory engine components were retained, such as the crankshaft, block, and pistons-although the connecting rods were heat-treated. Compression on the engine was 15:1, which called for ether-assisted startups. Soon after entering this wild IDI into area-sanctioned sled pulling events, the engine was banned. Not to be discouraged, the owner turned to drag racing. Rumor has it that the truck graced with this 7.3L beast put out 1,200 hp and ran quarter-mile times in the 9-second range!

NMB2

Dunce
Reaction score
what branch of the army are you in nmb2? I dont see how all these people dont understand you. I have known from the day you started posting and talking **** to everyone in sight just exactly what you are. You thrive on ******** you thrive on others giving you some kind of attention, even if it is negative. you like to be the "mysterious, all knowing *******" and have a constant obsession with being better than others. anytime you say anything you cant seem to think about what is coming out of your mouth before it comes out not that anyone in this world should be expected to be a decent, respectable person. Let me remind you that my feelings aren't hurt I just hate rude people, when I was growing up being rude would get you slapped in the face and it seems like you must have missed out on those backhands, either that or you were just to stupid to get the point. This is just my opinion and I wont get into a ******* match, just maybe something for you as well as others to reflect on.

please... search my username and look at my first posts when I got here, and when I started building my truck. I was not this way, being fawked with has made me this way towards you.

One thing we do know, that dyno sheet ain't your truck.

yep, you surely know that.. you were there.
I implore you to call Ryan, the guy who owns the dyno shop, ask him about my IDI, ask him if it put down the numbers there, please... do it!!

I'm sure you think he's in on it too, its a big IDI controversy.

You're right, please take note who started the "boxing match"

But, the one-on-one thing doesn't have the same effect as the public bashing does...

I would love to meet some of these people face to face to shut them up (and I dont mean physically). ANYTHING I say here, I would say to them in person.

nutless-
I'm a equal opportunity *******. even more in person:D

NMB2-
you've referenced many times that is place is nothing more than a playpen for your pranks.
beautiful.
I hope that every new member develops into a asset in more ways than one. years ago, a core group came over from another site and made this place a new home. many more have come and gone over the years, but the core values are still the same. we're not the "fastest" or the mostest" or the "bestest" but after a while of watching the online persona, we're there in person for each other when needed. Others who started here needing help have developed into assets of the site by their own contribution. I sincerely hoped you were able to do so too. There's not many who are in the financial position to build a fire breathing monster like you allegedly did so. Ok. you have vids of a fast truck that can pull weight.
congratulations.
you don't want to tell everyone your ingredients on what you done.
great. that's your right.
we're well aware of your reluctance and it's duly noted.
as a result, please don't be offended when you're questioned about your performance claims with the stated combination of parts.
you keep referring to your service in the army, you're in good company here, there's many who are serving and have served in all branched who conduct themselves in a professional manner onduty and online.
if you feel you need a place to have a free-for-all slugfest, you might want to test the waters at "pirate". they thrive on that kind of action.
I've been a member of pirate for 7 years, have a red star and flame the living sh*t out of people when they deserve it. I have no waters to test there.. I am the waters.
we're actually very boring here and I'm not going to put up with it much longer. when I have longstanding members here starting to throw jabs(darrin/vic) it's not a good thing.
the choice is yours.

Funny how you have other long standing members (wont name names.. they can come out if they want) that speak to me in private and agree with me 100%.

What are you going to do? Ban me because I dont fawk around when they try to draw me out? Show me where I provoked Darrin, or anyone in this thread. I don't have to put up with the ******** any more than the other guy, and I have been docile for weeks now... only responding to attacks made against me.

I urge you all to just take a look at where I started heading south..search my post history, from the start. You people need to take a step back and realize that you brought my attitude upon yourselves. Picking at me is not going to make it better, if you dont like me.. good, dont post about me, and I wont post to you.

Ban me, thats fine if thats what you want to do. I will make another account when my new engine is complete, with videos and more dyno sheets... just so I can show you all how wrong you are, it really is that important to me that you know that you are 100% wrong about performance capabilities of this engine.

Its sad too, because I'm a very likeable guy, I know this because I am popular within my unit and I have a lot of friends. The several people from this board that have met me, all think that I am a stand up guy, and have no doubts in my claims, abilities, or knowledge.

Treat me decent, and I will treat you decent. If you think that you have been treating me with respect and decency, you need to take a look in the mirror and reevaluate your lives.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny how you have other long standing members (wont name names.. they can come out if they want) that speak to me in private and agree with me 100%.

What are you going to do? Ban me because I dont fawk around when they try to draw me out? Show me where I provoked Darrin, or anyone in this thread. I don't have to put up with the ******** any more than the other guy, and I have been docile for weeks now... only responding to attacks made against me.

I urge you all to just take a look at where I started heading south..search my post history, from the start. You people need to take a step back and realize that you brought my attitude upon yourselves. Picking at me is not going to make it better, if you dont like me.. good, dont post about me, and I wont post to you.

Ban me, thats fine if thats what you want to do. I will make another account when my new engine is complete, with videos and more dyno sheets... just so I can show you all how wrong you are, it really is that important to me that you know that you are 100% wrong about performance capabilities of this engine.

Its sad too, because I'm a very likeable guy, I know this because I am popular within my unit and I have a lot of friends. The several people from this board that have met me, all think that I am a stand up guy, and have no doubts in my claims, abilities, or knowledge.

Treat me decent, and I will treat you decent. If you think that you have been treating me with respect and decency, you need to take a look in the mirror and reevaluate your lives.
congratulations.
you're done here.

stumpjumper3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why don't you guys take the bickering elsewhere? If we want to see the arguments. We'll read the thread everyone knows about. Not taking anyone's side it just so danged annoying to expect something out of a thread and have it go to the crapper instead.

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score

thats where i was going at with my post. It was geared toward everyone here. I didnt want to see a mod step in. But it happened and now its over. Moving on.

Brianedwardss

Reaction score
One thing you could count on with NMB2's posts, was every 5th word was " I ". The guy thought he was the next Einstein. Practically every one of his 638 posts included atleast three I's in them.

So long fellow soldier, you've been dishonorably discharged. Guess the army could never break your "me first" mentality.

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
ok well now back to the 1200 hp idi I know the head gaskets they used were some kind of c ring gaskets I know there was one guy that was building up an engine that used them and said that hypermax recommended using them with stock head bolts, let me see if I can find that thread.

Reaction score
One thing we do know, that dyno sheet ain't your truck.

Alright...Since this thread went to hell anyway...Before NMB2 even said a word, Im going to chime in with my opinion as I am one of only a few people who hang around this site that actually know him, his truck, what he really does have under the hood, and his knowledge of the IDI or just in general.

First of all, The dyno sheet is real, Ive seen it with my own eyes, its not cropped, faked or anything of the sort. Second, It was his truck on the dyno, he has videos of it on the dyno on youtube, they arent hard to find, you can choose not believe, but thats your own loss. Third the truck does in fact make the numbers he laid down on the dyno sheet, because what you dont know, and what I do know, is it has been on the dyno again since, up here in WA, and the only reason he hasent posted about it yet was because I told him to hold out until we can get video of it on the dyno so there is full 100% undeniable proof, or this sh*tfest will just continue. I have also ridden in the truck, and the thing pulls like mad for an 8k pound truck, the thing has way more sack than any PSD Ive ever driven. Without giving away his secrets, because its more than just him wanting to F with you guys, its more for testing for his own knowledge without giving away what he has found out, If you all found out what he really has under the hood, you would be pretty damn shocked, and you would be rethinking your fuel delivery and Ignition method... Thats all im going to say, its not my place to reveal anything more.

As far as the comments go, you guys take things to heart way to easy. The first interaction I had with Justin was on Pirate, and it was him ripping into me way harder then anything he has said here, because I had an opinion and I felt like being an ass back. Now I consider him a friend and respect his knowledge, if he was a ****** bag that didnt know a damn thing and just liked being shady, I wouldnt hang around him and I sure as hell wouldnt be here defending him on this board.

And Ill say this, because I really dont give a damn, but all you out there talking crap better step your game up, because your the ones who look retarded, at least he has more than a sig to back up what he says...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger