anybody got any suggestion on bypass filter

fury9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kookin to switch to amsoil after the by-pass set up is done. Anybody got any suggestions for a bypass kit or how to make one? Hopefully no suggestions of the most freaking expensive one but one that is proven and will do the job well, but hey if that's the case then so be it.

Ataylor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Amsoil dual bypass on my 1995 Dodge. Now that it is done, I think I would just run the single bypass that they use on the later models. The dual bypass was harder to find a safe place to mount and I think I would rather keep the stock filter intact if I were going to do it again. You can take oil from the second port on top of the stock filter mount and drain into one of the valve covers or into the oil filler. I also had some leak problems to begin with, but that was probably from my plumbing skills. The Amsoil bypass systems aren't too badly priced if you buy a 1 year membership and since you are going to buy their oil anyway it would be a savings. They do come with great instructions and you can talk to someone on the phone if you have questions.

Archie

Last edited:

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I ran the AMSOIL bypass system that held both the full flow and the bypass filters on one head - yes it was a little hard to mount because of it's size but it worked great because it put both filters in one place (easy to change them) I mounted mine behind the front bumper and even when I smashed into the tree it wasn't effected. My only complaint was i couldn't find a replacement on the shelves here locally for the bypass filter or full flow that had the same specs (micron ratings) as the AMSOIL filters. I just didn't like having to mail order the filters I wanted to just walk in somewhere and grab them as I needed them - no thinking ahead... But other than that the system worked quite well with no issues.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radeon1314