anybady got sirius satelite radios

hugeredford

snow drift buster
Reaction score
I just bought one everything works but i have it tuned through the fm radio does anyone have it wired directly, I'm always running out of the fm signal. Thanks

jauguston

Retired
Reaction score
You are not using the normal FM signal. Your Sirius radio is brodcasting a FM signal to your radio. You need to set your radio on a FM channel that is quiet and set your Sirius to that channel.

Jim

hugeredford

snow drift buster
Reaction score
the way I understood the manual you set the truck radio to a channel that isn't broadcasting then I set the sirius to that same channel it does work and works great until I drive far enough then I get into where that station is very very lightly coming in then the fm signal overcomes the sirius but if i hard wire it i won't have to even mess with the fm tuner

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
I gots one and I won't give it up :D

As far as hard wiring , does your stereo unit have AUX input?

If so go to Radio shack and buy a 1/8" stereo adaptor and run it from the
I believe center outlet....top is antenna....bottom is 12 v power...to the AUX port on your stereo.

Then simply switch to AUX and on the SIRIUS unit, enter the menu and scroll to FM option and switch to OFF....you are now good to go :cheers:

No more static, channel hunt etc :hail :D ;Sweet

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I prefer to hard wire so that I don't have problems like that - but that's just me. Now for sirus I won't give it up - I love it.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Have it and like it as well. I use the fm modulator and since I live in the sticks, it works fine. I use it in multiple vehicles and none have the aux input, so that is just the way it is. I am sure the sound could be better otherwise, but I only drive my van once in a great while, so I am not changing that and my Hyundai has the Monsoon system, which sounds killer and I don't want to change a thing, so I will deal with the fm mod! Can't hear the radio in the IDI anyway, so it doesn't matter!!! ;Sweet

jauguston

Retired
Reaction score
I think there is one other option but I have not looked into it. I think there is a adapter that goes into your vehicle radio antenna port and then your regular vehicle antenna plugs into that adapter,. There is a wire that goes from that adapter to the audio out of the Sirius.

Jim

Just switched from XM to Sirius for NASCAR.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I think there is one other option but I have not looked into it. I think there is a adapter that goes into your vehicle radio antenna port and then your regular vehicle antenna plugs into that adapter,. There is a wire that goes from that adapter to the audio out of the Sirius.

Jim

Just switched from XM to Sirius for NASCAR.

Yeah, I have seen those as well, but just haven't felt like tearing the dash out to see what I need. Who knows what Hyundai uses back there!!! :) I put so many miles on a vehicle, then sell them, I don't get too attached to my daily driver, so the easy connection is what I use. I have 80,000 on it already and it is a 2005, purchased in June, so really it isn't that old!

The main problem I see is when I go into a city, like Columbus where about every frequency is in use or has one right next to it in use. Then you start getting interference, but I can usually find one somewhere that will work.

rubberfish

Reaction score
I've got sirius too. But not hard wired.
I primarily use it at work and all they
put in the company truck is a $15 stereo. cookoo
And I get a new truck all the time so I have
no interest in buying 2 stereos a year.

hypermax22

sled puller
Reaction score
i have two of them. i called and asked them why mine was fadeing in and out? they told me that if it starts to fade change to a nother unused channel because a regualer fm chanel is going to over power the satilite signal. because mine does it all the time when i go into the maijor cities and stuff even if you get up to a car that has xm or sirius that is tuned to the same channel you are its going to bleed over. as fare as wiring it direct umm dont know much about that

93_E_350

7.3 IDI NA
Reaction score
You need the full McGillicutty adaptor Jones Like this >>>>>

http://www.tss-radio.com/direct-adapter-wired-relay-p-4082.html

Thanks GRuss!

Just what I was looking for. I ordered one to day. I don’t know about the PU’s but I switched out the 93 radio in my van with one from a 97 windstar (wife had to have a CD player), it’s was never used, slid right in. Didn’t take but a few minutes so getting at the antenna plug in area should not be a problem. I had the whip antenna that came with the Sirius unit pretty close to the radio so I very rarely got interference. I am hoping that the attainable volume will at least match regular FM stations:yell:; that would be a 50% increase. It’ll probably take a week or so to get it, I’ll let you know how it works out.

hugeredford

snow drift buster
Reaction score
I just bought one sirius actually sells them, the guy at radio shack failed to tell me they make those he said you could only direct wire into a newer radio with an aux jack. probably wan't to sell me another radio