Any recomendations for shipping a car/truck?

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
I've found a car in St. Louis that I'm interested in. Debating on shipping vs driving it home myself. If the shipping price was right, it'd save me a lot of time. Very busy with work right now.

St. Louis, Mo. to Duluth, Mn. Around 650 miles.

Any hot shots left on the board?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when I bought the Nostromo back in '04, I caught the next flight from Austin to St Louis and drove it home to TX.

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
Yeah T-Cat. I did the same with my 93. Rode the Amtrak out to Portland. Caught a flight to Bend. Then drove her home to Mn.
If I could find a reasonable shipping quote. I'd go that route. I have more concrete work than I can handle. Prolly gonna have to hire a couple doods before winter hits. And was stunned last Saturday by the news that my beloved Mother has stage 4 lung cancer. So time is at a premium.

I'll go get it, if I have to. But would prefer that that time goes somewhere else

Mulochico

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
. And was stunned last Saturday by the news that my beloved Mother has stage 4 lung cancer. So time is at a premium.

Sorry to hear that news. Went thru prostate cancer myself 4+ yrs ago. We will be praying.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just don't do any business with OnDaRoad. PM me if you want to know why. He was and maybe still is a member, hasn't been on for over a year now.

smokin150

aka Diesel Weasel
Reaction score
Id need to know weather it had dew or not, but I can haul it.... Can pm you an estimate later this eve

Ramzilla

Reaction score
Reliable carriers is pretty reasonable. They hauled a cummins for a guy at work from AZ to VA for pretty cheap.

cjcathey2002

Reaction score
look up a website called uship. It will allow you to post the vehicle you want shipped and the route. It will give you the average price people paid for similar routes. I paid 700 to have my truck shipped from outside of Eugene, OR to Temecula, Ca but I wanted it rushed. From what I learned about the online vehicle shipping companies, they are just middle men for between you and the actual drivers. The guy who brought my truck down said a lot of the drivers are independent contractors.

A quick search shows that 70% of transports for a 93 f250 is around 730...just as an example. hope this helps!

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I typically prefer dudes with a trailer over a car carrier. Normally i'm shipping classic stuff or repairables though so i like the extra care a guy with a truck gives compared to a car-carrier.

I normally find them on the hot rod forums.

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
Well, I found a cheap flight, and plan on flying down to STL. I figure I can go retrieve the car for under $500.

Thanks for all the advice. Most shipping quotes I found were right around $1K

I must be getting cheap in my old age? (who am I trying to kid? I've always been a cheapskate ;) )

wildman7798

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Being a broker based business the more you pay the sooner you get it. Be cautious of using the lower price quotes and find something middle of the road. I've shipped 4 or 5 over the years and only had a problem once when a car sat in a compound for a week waiting for a haul, someone tried to break into it and had minor damage. Look it over real well when you get it as they sometimes get handed off multiple times. Seems like DAS was pretty good, most will do an online quote instantly for you. Good Luck, it is nice to have them show up ready to go. Time is money.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance