Any advice to anyone wanting to start pulling hot-shot?

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the only reason why you were on 395 was because you were running illegal:eek::D
let's be honest here;Sweet

Actualy no. I never got looked at once, I "speciallized" in Junk rigs, and old bikes... And typically had a Uhaul trailer, no signs, just me and a rag tag 93 IDIt.

Nervous, but I never avoided this road or that road due to the nervousness.

Ran a total of 4 trips.

My first run. 6 hours after I took this, I was 12 miles south of the Canadian line in Idaho, and there was a Canoe trailer and a Jonboat on top fo that rack...

Far from Professional looking.....

You must be registered for see images attach

24 hours later, I was 7 miles into Cali... and this was then attached to my ass...

You must be registered for see images attach

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
only illegal if you get caught.As for Uship.If you don't jump on every load you can find some good ones.I was all over my GMC shipment like a chicken on a junebug when someone threw down a buck a mile.I was looking at up to 2 bucks a mile max and when they came in with the 900 bucks for 900 mile haul I was all over it.While I would love to find someone that would do it for a quarter a mile i know that ain't gonna happen.

MMeier

Reaction score
There is a saying in the biz that goes like this ....... if you want to make a small fortune doing this... best start with a big fortune. :eek: Not a good time for this, I gave it up 2 years ago, would like to start up again, but know better right now. Check out www.hotshothauling.com ask away anything you want, you will get answers whether or not you like what someone says. Check out my avatar !

RustyBolts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Almost sounds liike more hassle than what it's worth to get started up, and legal. Reckon I'll find some other way to get these things paid off.

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
back in 03 -4 I was running some trailers, thought it would be a good way to see some places. also planned on taking the wife for a free vacation, didnt work that way though.
left home and had to deliver and set up. 1.05 loaded mile, not hotel pay unless over 500 mile one way. only reimberses tolls loaded most trips where to long island.
many times I had to pick the trailer up at 2 pm, then run home, and wait till aout 8 to leave, then deliver in the am and back home at 9-10 the next night if I beat the traffic.
so for tying up my time 28-30 hrs and 400 miles one way pay was $400.00 before expenses.
did it for abot a year, got some good trips though. but not many.
ran without ins and never stopped at a weigh station.
then in 04 just about 50 mile from delivering one rolled the truck, and put the trailer on its side.
that trip I made no $$$ even though I was 300 mile away, and it cost me money to get home , and then get the truck home, not to mention the ins co didnt pay it off.
luckily they didnt ask too many questions what I was doin or whos trailer, or it could have been worse.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online

No members online now.