Another Problem

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Came home tonite & got in the PSD after letting it warm up for about 5 minutes. NO heat. It's usually starting to get warm at this point. Ride home from the truck yard is about 7 minutes. Heat is usually hot about half way home. Water temp needle came up but no heat. Where do I start looking? Oh, & I smelled anti freeze when I got home. That can't be good either. I've had it with this truck-cuss -cuss -cuss -cuss -cuss -cuss -cuss -cuss

JLDickmon

Bo Duke
Reaction score
simple low coolant level would cause no heat, smelling anti-freeze would lead me to believe it's got a coolant leak...
water pump?
t-stat housing?
loose hose clamp?
cracked surge tank?
heater core is possibility also, should be sliming up the windows for that one...

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Got to bed around 5 am so I'm going out now to look it over. Thanks for the suggestions.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Water leaks can be a ***** and a half. I kept throwing parts at mine until i realized it was my hoses. I felt stupid.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Overflow tank had a big crack in it right at the seem for the top & bottom halves. Blew antifreeze all over the pass side engine bay. Couldn't really see the crack unitl I took it out of the truck. Just to be on the safe side, I did the thermostat, new hoses, new overflow tank, & just for good measure I put on a new serp belt since I was in that neighborhood. Pretty sure it was just the tank but I didn't do any of that stuff on the rebuild. Now it's ALL new. Got heat again too.

suv7734

Reaction score
Glad to hear you found the problem. Hopefully it's the last one for a long, long time. God knows you've had enough.

B

sassyrel

Reaction score
anddddd--if you own a 94-97 psd--check the 5/8 hose that goes off the overflow to the bottom of the rad---on the right side where it goes to the rad---its rubs the frame------and it eventually punches thru----i just bought the new hose from napa--which aint quite right----and replaced the bottom half---up above the frame about three inches---and used a 1/2 brass double barb to hook the two chunks together--then put a 3/4 piece of hose around the area where it rubbed---end of problem----:D :D

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Then again, problem not fixed. Out of coolant in the bottle again. It's in the oil now. Leaving for Bean's tomorrow-cuss

suv7734

Reaction score
Oh Man!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: That's about all I can think to say. Dude, I feel for you. I assume you're towing/trailering it.
This sucks, BIG TIME :puke:

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Oh Man!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: That's about all I can think to say. Dude, I feel for you. I assume you're towing/trailering it.
This sucks, BIG TIME :puke:

Yeah, I'm throwing it on the carhauler & heading for Charlotte with a partial load, then deadhead from there to Bean's. I plan to try to wait it out at Bean's but I guess I could run some stuff in TN if I can find anything while waiting. I sorta want to be at Bean's while the diagnosis & repairs are going on.

I'm at the end of my rope with this thing man. If I can get close to what I owe, it's gone. Only problem is I've put so much into it, it's basically a new truck. 'Course, now the new **** is breaking too........so I think it needs to go soon. Pay it down some & bail

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
I'm at the end of my rope with this thing man. If I can get close to what I owe, it's gone. Only problem is I've put so much into it, it's basically a new truck. 'Course, now the new **** is breaking too........so I think it needs to go soon. Pay it down some & bail

wow talk about rotten luck. i'd drop that thing like a bad habit if i were you. what are you gonna get next?

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
I reaaly don't know what I'd get next. I was thinking an 05 or 06 F-350 Dually but I'm afraid of the 6.0 with all the horror stories floating around. With my luck, I'd end up with another problem child. Then again, my neighbor has an 05 f-250 with no problems at all. I was just surfing the local listings for dodge duallys but the rear seating area is just too small. Can't do a mega cab 'cause the bed is too short to pull the fiver. And I'm not crazy about the GM's either.

The real problem is I can't afford to do anything as the motor replacement ate up any & all rainy day money I would have used to bail out of this POS.

And this little trip to TN is gonna cost me in fuel for the Pete, Downtime away from paying work, & general aggrevation. I guess the bright side is I should be able to get all the motor & performance issues worked out while at Bean's & I'm making money on the way down with the partial load into Charlotte. If I can't find a backhaul out of TN to get home, This will cost me money to go down there. 1200 miles deadhead @ 3.35/gallon = big loss. But I can't risk driving it down there & doing more damage or paying someone up here to figure it out. That would probably cost more than going to Bean's.

I gotta hold the site record for "Most Trouble For A Single Vehicle" by now!!:mad:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vinceslamer

Members online