Another odd project - F350 with a big-truck turn-signal switch

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have anything to add help-wise, but am curious why you want to re-engineer you turn signals? Is there something that your factory system will not let you do? Pure curiosity, just trying to understand what you want to accomplish.
Travis..
Nothing against the factory setup, well not much at least - it just don't feel right at the lever, they all have the same feel to them and it just ain't quite what I want... On the other hand the Signal-Stat feel just right ;Sweet

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's those SOB's that don't even use there turn signal that irritates me.

This is funny LOL tho. All this conversation about four colored wires.

Just turn the emergency flashers on and let the guy behind guess what your gonna do. :thumbsup:

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol, guess I could always do that indeed :D An actually it's the seven wires in the factory setup that have me puzzled, those on the Mack switch are easy enough to figure out.

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One time a while ago I was behind a guy going down the highway whose brake lights were on all the time. He wasn't riding his brake they just never shut off. It got me so annoyed I dialed a special 3 digit number on my cell phone to report erratic and unsafe drivers. After I gave the guys plate number make and model of the car a few minutes later their was a cop who passed me and pulled him over.

Not only was it dangerous for others for him to have his brake lights on because you could not tell if he was stopping or not but also dangerous to him because he could be driving a car with a bad master cylinder and not even know it. I did not stop to see what the outcome was but I am glad they caught up with him.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One time a while ago I was behind a guy going down the highway whose brake lights were on all the time. He wasn't riding his brake they just never shut off. It got me so annoyed I dialed a special 3 digit number on my cell phone to report erratic and unsafe drivers. After I gave the guys plate number make and model of the car a few minutes later their was a cop who passed me and pulled him over.

Not only was it dangerous for others for him to have his brake lights on because you could not tell if he was stopping or not but also dangerous to him because he could be driving a car with a bad master cylinder and not even know it. I did not stop to see what the outcome was but I am glad they caught up with him.
you have got to be kidding me......
now did you actually tell dispatch what was ******* you off or did you make up a story?

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
when I retire I'm gonna take my turn signal lever and break it off so that it sticks in the left turn mode and drive around at a top speed of 40mph in the right hand lane... I figure that once I get to that age - I have earned the right to po people behind me.... but then again I'm weird....

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Right, and what does someone's damaged BOO switch have to do with my Signal-Stat install attempt? I'm a patient man, but I think at this point I've had enough - since you have contributed nothing but offtopics to my thread, I'm going to politely ask you to leave. And I'll extend the same request to anyone else who is here just to vent their frustration with people who don't use their blinkers properly - I explained what's the most common cause for "sticky" turn signals from engineering standpoint, any further ******** and griping about it is pointless IMHO.

And I'm still hoping Midnight Rider will show up here and give us some insight on his Signal-Stat install experience :angel: He does seem to be a busy man tho, so I'll just wait a bit :)

motrack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Less ******** and more Googling would give you the info.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me see if I understand you correct - I ask a "how to" question, someone cruises right in with a "don't even think about it" answer, then proceeds to guide the thread way offtopic, then when I ask him to stop doing so (a request he apparently has honored) you show up here to tell me I have no right to get annoyed with the direction my thread is heading in... That about right?

Last edited:

motrack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
with a simple google search I found 3 wiring schematics for this model signal stat........ all with wire colors and pictures.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score

with a simple google search I found 3 wiring schematics for this model signal stat........ all with wire colors and pictures.

Lol, guess I could always do that indeed :D An actually it's the seven wires in the factory setup that have me puzzled, those on the Mack switch are easy enough to figure out.

keep googling.:D
least your actually trying to help(even with the wise guy comments,and lack of posting links,to show your actually more or less taunting lcam some more-like he needs it after all the other bs comments already here?) that's a relief to see in this thread lmao.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.supermotors.net/registry/media/714912_1

from an 84 bronco but IIRC the columns (color codes) are dang close to the same.
Darn man, ain't been on the FSB site for a while now, so I completely forgot about Steve83's awesomeness when it comes to electrical things - yes I can definitely work with that, thank you very much. So from what I see on this diagram, and compare that to the Signal-Stat wiring (likely the same diagram Motrack found) I could join the two with the use of diodes to isolate currents from back feeding where I don't want them (such as from rear blinkers to front, and from the rear blinkers the brake lights)... I'll print out the di8agrams and play with them some tomorrow, when I come up with a circuit I'll post it here. I plan on making this plug-and-play with the factory harness, so should the need for it ever arise the Signal-Stat can be unplugged and removed and factory switch installed in its place without any rewiring needed.