Another IDI wreck, but this time…

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
The IDI wins! Got into a fender bender in the fuel station parking lot yesterday. Both driver side doors on his Cherokee are toast, no damage to my truck.

Its hard to describe the way this parking lot is laid out, but I think they’re gonna have a hard time determining who was at fault. So I’ll spare you the details and just say while idling along in first gear, I stamped Ford on Jeep with the right corner of my front bumper. He was pulling out of the car wash, and I was pulling away from the pump. Hard to tell who legally had the right of way. Plus since it was on private property, the police wouldn’t even come out to file a report.

Man theses things have a lot of torque. If I hadn’t put the clutch in it seemed like I would have rolled his truck over.

Anyhow, no one was hurt thank goodness, and no one was irate. Best case scenario for me is my insurance company finds him liable and that is that. Worst case is they find me liable and my rates go up. It’s pretty obvious which one I would vote for, but even if I get tagged for it at least no one was hurt, and my truck will live on.

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
I think Ford builds a tough truck. When my IDI got T-boned (hit in passenger side) the Toyota Camry that hit me was BROKEN! I had a wiped out passenger side door (still opened and closed!), a wiped out passenger front fender, and a dent in the bed. The Toyota was leaking Antifreeze, ATF, and engine oil profusly all over the ground. It also had a busted strut and two fairly baged up occupants. I only lost some sheet metal and a perfectly good cup of cofee.
Ken

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rob, glad you came out on top. Much like that time I backed over a car. :rolleyes: Thank God is wasn't worse.

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Ya, I was scared to look. But the truck is fine and all are ok. Wheeeew!

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Woho, good thing it was an idling wreck. Couldn't you also just settle away from the insurance companies too? I wasn't there so i don't know anything, but do you think it was his fault or yours, or both yours? Couldn't you two just split the cost of the repairs or something? *shrugs*

LUCKY_LARUE60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rob, good to hear your truck faired better than mine, I'm still waiting on insurance check to get here maybe this week....................... Jim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat

Members online