Another IDI in the family?

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
My brother is looking at trading his 04 Polaris Switchback 800 sled(dropped valve) for a 92/93 F350 crew cab IDI 4wd 5speed. Kinda rough but no rust on the cab and comes with a spare bed. He just has to make sure the truck is not a money pit

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
The sled has been down twice in 1400 miles from the valve issue and Polaris wanted to do nothing about since day one( 1 yr and 400miles)

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
The sled has been down twice in 1400 miles from the valve issue and Polaris wanted to do nothing about since day one( 1 yr and 400miles)

I've owned two polaris wave runners, if you're familar with the ficht direct fuel injection on their snow machines or evinrude outboards. Both waverunners had their fuel pumps fail due to the intank pressure regulator falling off. I replaced the entire unit with a carter unit meant for a dodge product. Saved me big $$$.

I also have a polaris diesel 4 wheeler and a sportsman 500. Both have been giant headaches.

Warrenty was useless. I bought a used yamaha gp waverunner and its been flawless. Only thing i did was convert to premix. Yea... Polaris... I'll take the idi.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel