Another exhaust question.

BleednBlue68

Ford Country!
Reaction score
I am still looking for exhaust for my 99 psd. I would like to get a stack kit. I saw black cloud diesel has a full exhaust with stacks for over 800 bucks. I was wondering if some company out there just makes a system that goes from the turbo all the way back but with none of that extra stuff like muffler or big exhaust tip. If i can find a cheap enough stack kit somewhere else i would just make my own system. So far all the systems i've seen have a muffler and tip. Do the aftermarket diesel mufflers acutally help with performance or is it just for sound? Id rather just have a straight pipe.

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
Go to ITP's site and buy the 4" MBRP aluminized system. It comes with a muffler and the delete pipe costs extra. Sound inside is good and outside is great. It does help with turbo spool and performance as well as MPG slightly. Bolts right into the truck in the stock hangars. Unless you live in a cold climate where they heavily salt the roads don't bother with stainless...you do not need it. The cost is about half of Black Cloud's stack kit that you said, and quite frankly stacks are a waste of money because they cost more and do nothing to improve performance.

BleednBlue68

Ford Country!
Reaction score
Well i would have to go with aluminized since we do have salt here. I dont want it rustin at all. I just wanted stacks for the looks. I've always liked stacks. It looks like ITP is the best i've seen so far on prices. If I got stacks they would have to be removable since i would have a truck camper hopefully soon. Or i might just go with some kind of dual system.