Another electric fuel pump question:

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Well i know im beating a dead horse but, i need to know whats involved in attaching an electric pump wiring wont be no problem for me but were should i locate it and how should it be mounted, and what about fuel line my stock ones are plastic or something:confused: weird but i think im going to use a holley blue or something around the same pressure outlet to see if that dont help me in some way, but my main reason for this is im going to buy flatlanders psd turbo setup and i will need the factory lift pump to return the oil

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
thank you it is a cumulative effort of trial and error that happened before i found this site but like i said I have had no problems out of doing it that way. the one thing that you need to remember is that even if there is no diesel leak there could be an air intrusion so make sure the lines wont collapse and limit flow and make sure the connections are tight. i even had it die on me during this process where it was doing good and i turned around in a buddies pasture and somehow the rubber line got a slit in it on the suction side.

emmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bolted a small spin on (pre-lift pump) filter onto my frame, under the door.

Then I hooked my electric pump to the output of the filter and mounted it on to an L bracket.
I wired the pump to my fuse box with an ~ add a fuse~.

It worked flawlessly except for the -push on- fittings were too small and they leaked.cookoo

It was a fairly easy fix though.;Sweet

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes

Members online