Announcing the SUPER MOOSE from Conestoga Diesel Injection

93IDIT

Reaction score
Having another option is great!

I'm not sure my truck could handle that much fuel though. I'm already getting a bad haze on the hills with the stock injection pump turned up. I have an ATS turbo. Not sure what kind of boost I'm getting as the boost gauge is still sitting in the garage a year later. I need to get off my butt and get stuff done :D

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
I dont think this pump is designed for any stock turbo without some kind of upgrade.. you obviously need air to match the fuel increase. Aftermarket turbos are plentiful and almost anyone can fab up exhaust.

Heavily modifying and pumping up DB2 pumps is a totally different game.

Having another option is great!

I'm not sure my truck could handle that much fuel though. I'm already getting a bad haze on the hills with the stock injection pump turned up. I have an ATS turbo. Not sure what kind of boost I'm getting as the boost gauge is still sitting in the garage a year later. I need to get off my butt and get stuff done :D

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So im curious, if we agreed in the past that the pump should get a fuel pressure of somewhere between 4-8 psi at the IP, how does making it 60 PSI change things and is this something we could look at for use in other pumps?

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mel so how about a deal for a sponsorship on a race vehicle? and stop the r and d i will never get a new pump then you keep making them better and better meaning i need more engine work before your pump

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
A race sponsorship is a interesting idea. Had never thought about that till now.

drinkypoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So im curious, if we agreed in the past that the pump should get a fuel pressure of somewhere between 4-8 psi at the IP, how does making it 60 PSI change things and is this something we could look at for use in other pumps?

I believe from the thread that it had to do with supply rate and with typical fuel pump availability.

I still just want another boring pump option, with longer life. Is anyone sleeving DB2s? :D

FordGuy100

Reaction score
There is obviously a lot of internal work done to it. I suspect 60psi inlet pressure helps it maintain higher CC flow at higher rpm's. 60psi is a no go on a stock pump, rumor has it it would seize the rotor to the head.

This is a hot pump, but its not going to make a race truck by any means. Just save up your clams instead of begging for a sponsorship...

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We actually already sponsor a Powerstroke guy who also has IDI's in our local pulling circuit. If I gave this pump away, I'd never be able to afford to build another one, so... yeah, can't do that. Plus, whoever has the cash to buy this pump, also has the cash to do all the other mods that will be needed to run it. This pump definitely should not go to someone who low balls everything and tries to do stuff on the cheap. We ran the pump again today. Found out it will put out 210cc when cold. LOL But we won't squabble over 5cc. The reason for the 60 PSI has more to do with cause and effect. You all know that when you make one change, often another is needed to compensate for it. Putting 60 PSI to any of our other pumps would be a very bad idea, but this one requires it.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mel,

For those of us less versed in IDI performance, what would a recommended set of modifications look like? It might help folks decide if they are interested in what it will take. It goes without saying that you have to pay to play, but that is somewhat of a sliding scale. I've got a spare motor that I am thinking is going to get rebuilt to have a spare bullet... the level of that rebuild is currently unknown... but as they say knowledge is power. For me if I have an idea of what's involved, I do know enough to quickly decide if this is or isn't for me (now or maybe in the future).

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
Years ago Poncis diesel in fortuna, ca put a cummins turbo on a old bull nose IDI. They drag raised it at Samoa

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

88fordidi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So.... this has been over a year.... what's the news? (I just discovered this thanks to google... someone please point me in the right direction if it's hidden elsewhere on the forums!)