Announcing the SUPER MOOSE from Conestoga Diesel Injection

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi gang! We know there is always interest in more fuel. I read about guys trying to mate up big Bosch inline pumps, and Caterpillar pumps, and all such ideas, and those are great but.... very expensive and difficult to bolt on. I also know some others have tried beefing up the DB2 and have had mixed sucess at getting more fuel out of it. To date, we have had 4 injection pumps to offer, all of which are listed on our web site at MoosePump.com or this page specifically http://conestogadiesel.com/products/ford.html

Our Omega Moose pump, which is the largest fueler and something we have 3 copies of running around with no problems, is putting out 130cc/1000. We know that's not a big difference between the well known and long established Bull Moose, running at 100cc. And since we have gotten calls expressing interest in even more, we decided to spend some money, and see what could be done within the existing DB2 package, using a standard DB2 head. So... we now can offer you our 5th injection pump model,

The Super Moose!

This pump puts out an incredible 205cc/1000 at an engine RPM of 1400. The fuel drops back to 130cc at 3000 RPM. Now I know, some of you are going to say "well, darn! We want 205 at 3300 RPM! Well before you think that you actually need that, figure out what you need to do to run 205 at 1400!

Now I know there are plenty of scoffers out there, so I wouldn't make this claim without proof. Please watch these videos in order, beginning with the first one. Our Shop Manager, Joel, is your narrator and explains how the calibration bench is set up, and why we have to use a 100 count to measure this much fuel.

http://s51.photobucket.com/user/highpsivw/media/Mobile%20Uploads/trimE368DE3D-FFD1-4E29-AF21-B2C9CA2FE164.mp4.html

http://s51.photobucket.com/user/highpsivw/media/Mobile%20Uploads/trim8B28028C-3454-4331-B021-8165D93D4290.mp4.html

http://s51.photobucket.com/user/highpsivw/media/Mobile%20Uploads/trim66452A6F-959E-48FC-8733-2F1C2EC1F474.mp4.html

http://s51.photobucket.com/user/highpsivw/media/Mobile%20Uploads/trimA8B07C7A-E22A-408C-A40F-E08DC05D4A6A.mp4.html

Now this pump will require some auxiliary equipment to support this much fuel. The pump will come with 8 new injection lines, line clamps and your going to need Moose Misters and a 60 PSI electric feed pump. But then, you already knew this wasn't going to be easy. Price is not set yet. But whoever buys the first one will get it cheaper than the rest, as we are looking for a test customer. I have neither the time nor money to build an engine capable of running this, but I'm sure one of you do.

racin460

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine should when you wanta talk $ mel need you turbo at the same time im willing if you are!

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As a guy who wonders how things work, and what 90 or 205 cc's means, I thank you for video of all this.

It's really neat to get some idea of what all goes in to building and testing these pumps. It also gives me some confidence in buying a product that has been tested with this equipment. I already have a Moose junior...and LOVE it...and now I understand it even more.

Thanks for these neat videos!

whitehorse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet...now somebody get one and pair it up with one of his ball bearing hair dryers and see what happens....:sly

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i been saving for a new pump, i need something to support the added boost this big hair dryer will make.

anyone know what the carrier pump puts out psi wise? i dont think its 60 psi lol

so mel what is the recommended pusher pump? 60 psi diesel pump should be one of those snow pumps or something i guess.

tanman_2006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Air dog, fass , and raptor make high psi pumps.

Interested to see one run. What fuel rates can you get at 4500 for us gm guys?

source unknown

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i been saving for a new pump, i need something to support the added boost this big hair dryer will make.

anyone know what the carrier pump puts out psi wise? i dont think its 60 psi lol

so mel what is the recommended pusher pump? 60 psi diesel pump should be one of those snow pumps or something i guess.

You could use a stock Powerstroke pump or something like that. They push enough fuel and would be a bit cheaper than other setups...

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is correct. Most gas engine fuel pumps for fuel injected cars are doing 60 PSI, so we settled on that as a base pressure. However, we doubt they will have enough flow to keep up. We will be selling the pump, injector lines and lift pump as a kit. There also needs to be a fuel pressure switch rigged in between the lift pump and IP, and the Key on power to the IP must pass through the fuel pressure switch. A loss of fuel pressure will destroy the Super Moose, so any drop in pressure must result in engine shutdown immediately.

mohavewolfpup

Diesel Wolf Puppy
Reaction score
That is correct. Most gas engine fuel pumps for fuel injected cars are doing 60 PSI, so we settled on that as a base pressure. However, we doubt they will have enough flow to keep up. We will be selling the pump, injector lines and lift pump as a kit. There also needs to be a fuel pressure switch rigged in between the lift pump and IP, and the Key on power to the IP must pass through the fuel pressure switch. A loss of fuel pressure will destroy the Super Moose, so any drop in pressure must result in engine shutdown immediately.

Are the injector lines 100% custom? I can't get over how you pop the hood and the current ones practically start leaking (not that bad, but you get the point) so how would 60+ do on the return line caps? Found a solution for that?

If you did, you would probably have a second market for people just tired of the return line caps leaking when a stiff breeze hits them...

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mel,
Thanks for taking the time to develop this monster and show how it works. That was extremely informative. If my intuition is correct (I don't have much faith in it anymore) this pump should provide the fuel to see performance commiserate with current big 3 offering (in stock form) supposing you can cram enough air in there. Does that seem like a reasonable statement? I know the dyno will tell the tale, but do you have a WAG at what you think this pump will be capable of at the rollers with enough turbo? I too was wondering about the pressure on the return system. I'm guessing smoke might be an issue. Will this pump work with the Hypermax smoke puff limiter?

For me this is exciting becauseone of my biggest fears in building my truck was that I would put a lot of work into and not be happy with the performance. At least now I know there is another place to go without having to do an complete engine conversion.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a great package however one small thing comes to mind, an inertia switch incase of accident etc. this may be of value to add into that setup as well Mel. From a safety standpoint I know Gassers have em and I bet newer diesels do as well, so maybe it's an item one should consider for this application.

I like what I see those videos and explanations go a long way to provide some meat behind the Moose series of pumps I tell ya!

Thanks for the videos and the new pump.

Are the new lines/clamps available without the pump? Would the fit a stock pump or does the head have a different set of fittings on them?

If they are available let us know some people may like shiny new lines and clamps!

Are the injector lines 100% custom? I can't get over how you pop the hood and the current ones practically start leaking (not that bad, but you get the point) so how would 60+ do on the return line caps? Found a solution for that?

If you did, you would probably have a second market for people just tired of the return line caps leaking when a stiff breeze hits them...
Return caps don't see that pressure, remember thats the lift pump pressure to the IP, then the IP jacks that up to 1900-2200 or what Mel has it set too, the return lines shouldn't see any more pressure than normal however there may be an increase in volume depending on RPM, however I'm not a pump guy so this is my WAG on increase of volume.

Mel?