and then she ran away.....

Black dawg

Reaction score
Why not put it in fourth gear and dump the clutch? Either way thats pretty badass, some friends and i are gonna put bets on how long mine goes with the pump cover put on wrong right before I pull it to put something else in it ;Sweet

is your engine really that big of a piece of ****? Surely the parts are worth much more than scrap value?

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That should be pretty telling of the block condition then. The only real question is how many windows are there.

89Laredo

Underemployed
Reaction score
You need a pair that clanks when you walk to get close to a run away..

I don't have that. I'm just young and dumb.

...and poor. So I'd try to save my engine if I could.

I've watched my share of runaway videos. My favorite is the 4-53t that almost eats a guys hand.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Seems wasteful to destroy a good engine, especially with the original poster of this thread being in need of one.

With how cheap you can get a decent engine vs price of trans and clutch or rear end, letting the engine go would almost be cheaper.
Not saying you shouldn't try.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
A standard trans rig in 4th gear letting out the clutch easily would have killed the engine no problem no matter what the hp or rpm it was running. These engines can run against the governor in neutral with no issues. I personally wont do that to my engine but the design is more than able to swing this. Letting out the clutch in 4th gear will kill it no problems.

oregon96psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is your engine really that big of a piece of ****? Surely the parts are worth much more than scrap value?

Runs great for an idi now that i got all of its problems fixed. The problem is it will always be an idi, nothing more nothing less. Love the body style, very much less than impressed with the engine, so its gonna get swapped. As said on here already, idi's are a dime a dozen, hell ive talked to guys who couldnt give them away so they got scrapped. When the time comes to get rid of it, im really not interested in wasting the time to advertise and try to sell a $300-$400 engine, when me and some friends can have some excitement while drinking some beer after work. Until youve been around a run away you dont realize how impressive they are, Ive seen three in my life and I'll gladly give up what little value it has to be around another ;Sweet

Last edited:

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
Runs great for an idi now that i got all of its problems fixed. The problem is it will always be an idi, nothing more nothing less. Love the body style, very much less than impressed with the engine, so its gonna get swapped. As said on here already, idi's are a dime a dozen, hell ive talked to guys who couldnt give them away so they got scrapped. When the time comes to get rid of it, im really not interested in wasting the time to advertise and try to sell a $300-$400 engine, when me and some friends can have some excitement while drinking some beer after work. Until youve been around a run away you dont realize how impressive they are, Ive seen three in my life and I'll gladly give up what little value it has to be around another ;Sweet

There is a stripped block on CL right now for $250, and haven't seen a complete motor go for less than $1000, and for that price there is a truck wrapped around it on occasion. I just paid $1500 for a POS truck with a smooth running 7.3/ZF to build and swap into my 93. I will make most of that money back selling the parts I don't need.

oregon96psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like how it can barley even move the sled unless its running away lol

And if everyones so concerened about my engine, they can offer some money for the whole package, otherwise eventually its got a date with destruction :D

oregon96psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha, thats awesome, I can just see someone poking their head around a pickup peeking with a phone to get a video lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REM70