Allison automatic tranmission solutions!!

timmi

Reaction score
Hello,

Recently I have heard of many problems associated with the Allison automatic transmission, specifically the 1000 and 2000 series transmissions, used in many GM trucks. GM has been using a sub-par auto trans fluid in these transmissions when they are put together at the GM factory, and there have been many failures due to this, especially in the colder climates. The fluid is too thick at colder temperatures, and leads to premature pump failure. A preventable solution for this is to use the recommended ALLISON transmission fluid, known as Transynd. Many people here (Alaska) are now switching to Transynd with great success.
If you feel this might be something you are interested in, I have listed below the items you might want to replace while your at it...

Transynd Part # 27101 A synthetic transmission fluid, sold by the gallon, 5 gallon bucket, or 55 gallon drum. Around $40 a gallon at the moment, cheaper if bought in 5 gallon bucket. A complete transmission flush uses around 4.5 gallons. If only dropping the pan, you may only need 2 gallons or less. Buy this at your local Allison tranmission dealer/supplier for the best price.

Spin-on filter Part # 29539579 This is the Allison filter spec'd for your transmission. Around $9.25 at your local Allison dealer. About $40 at your local GM dealer. Be sure to keep and re-use the circular magnet that sits inside the filter. If yours does not have one, see below...

Filter magnet Part # 29535617 A circular magnet used inside, on top, of the spin on filter. Around $3 at your local Allison provider.

Internal pan filter (shallow pan) Part # 29537965 Allison internal filter that is inside most GM trucks, inside your transmission pan. Around $26.00 at your local Allison provider. A deep pan and filter is available as an upgrade, see below...

Internal pan filter (deep pan) Part # 29537966 Allison internal filter that is inside your deep transmission pan, used on larger vehicles. Holds a gallon or two more fluid than the shallow pan. Around $26 at your local Allison provider.

Deep pan Part # 29536522 A nice upgrade for those who are using the shallow pan. Holds about a gallon more fluid, keeps the oil temperature lower and possibly extend your fluid change intervals.

Pan gasket Part # 29536526 The transmission pan gasket you will want to have if you dont want to have fluid leaks.. Around $36 at local Allison place.

Thats all I have for now. If you have any questions, I can try to help you...

MJ Synthetics

Site Sponsor
Reaction score
There are now many fluids out there that are TES-295 rated fluids that work great in the Allison transmission. If anybody needs any of these Allison parts or would like to try the Amsoil TES-295 fluid which is Torque Drive let me know I am here to help.

I usually have 6-10 Allison deep pans in stock along with the deep filter. I also carry the SunCoast Deep Filter Lock and the Transgo Jr shift kits for the Allison. We have also discovered the Fumoto Valve that fits the deep pan for easy quick drain of the fluid.

MJ

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Staff online