Air to air or water to air intercooler

goldsjos18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what's everyone's opinion on Jair to air intercoolers and water to air intercooler ? Pros and cons of each?

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well,there are plenty of articles about this on the world wide web of course.Even though it's more efficient to have water draw the heat away,for our trucks and typical boost levels,I think most,if not all of us with air to air coolers, have found this to be more than sufficient without the the higher cost of a water to air system.I have two trucks with air to air coolers and I'v never been in want or need to reduce EGT's any more.
I personally think it wisest to go with a more affordable air to air and save the additional cost or put it somewhere else in the truck if you feel the need to spend more....Like putting it towards the hydroboost brake swap.;)

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im choosing air to air cooler in the works right now! Simpler with less parts to " fail" but air to water technically would be better but by how much i don't know but you have to instal a water pump system and reservoir tank and intercooler(much smaller though) and routing the small water lines to the front is also a little easier than larger piping for air to air. I researched this for a while choose the air to air like stated though there and many many articles on air to air vs air water cooling systems. Can't loose either way!! :peelout

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
A2A is fine, easier to install.
W2A is cool, probably "better." Just more pieces.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk