Air Horns

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
I would like to get some air horns for my truck.

i don't want to spend a fortune but i also want quallity.

this kit seems like it would be nice.....
http://www.kleinn.com/air-horn-kits/HK3-air-horn-kit.htm

would i be better off get a complete kit like ^^^, or would i be better off getting something like this http://www.kleinn.com/Train_Air_Horn_Air_Systems/150_psi_Onboard_Air_System_6350.htm and then getting the trumpets sepperate

i am not really interested at having a lot of onboard air, but at the same time why not? you never know when you might have a low tire or need a blast of air when you don't have access to a big air compressor. so mabey a bigger tank might be of benefit.:dunno

thanks

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Viair makes some of the best onboard air systems out there. Obviously you can spend allot more but for $500 you can have an entire onboard air system that will easily power your horns, an air bag system and power tools if need be.

Wyreth

Certifiable Noob
Reaction score
One of the trucks at my old job had onboard air. Now I plan on putting it on my SheDevil. It really is amazingly useful to have.

Jbevs

IDI Newb
Reaction score
One of the trucks at my old job had onboard air. Now I plan on putting it on my SheDevil. It really is amazingly useful to have.

This, though I don't have a plan on installing it. It's just more so on the want list.

bghnkinf350

Reaction score
My on board air was cheap and I love it! I use mine almost as much as my stationary compressor. All you need is a York compressor from a Volvo, distribution block, tank, fittings, hose, relay, safety valve and switch to start with. Weld up a bracket, mount it up, and you are good for on board air for cheap. Later, you can add the auto shut off, unloader, gauges, regulator, oil separator...

It is one of the best mods I have made! Air horns were cheap and easy from the junk yard. Oh - very fun to watch people swerve with a blast of the horn after they cut you off!

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
horn blasters or just build your own. i just found old big rig horns and bought a air compressor off some low rider kid that lives down the street lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsims

Members online