Air filter

triplethreat

AGENT ORANGE
Reaction score
Well I guess it is time to replace the Air Filter Light came on this weekend at about 25k. Ordered it from Fliter1 yesterday. My question is i remember someday somewhere saying that you have to do all kinds of crazy stuff to get the air filter out. Can someone give me some guidance before the filter gets here in a couple of day on the easiest way to get it changed.

Dan

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Box Comes Apart With Clamps On Each Side Of The Unit... You Can Have The Whole Box Out In About 2 Minutes If You Wanted, Its Only Held In By Rubber Gromets. Realy Easy...

timntools

Chief Runinscissors
Reaction score
ISurvivedNMU said:
The Box Comes Apart With Clamps On Each Side Of The Unit... You Can Have The Whole Box Out In About 2 Minutes If You Wanted, Its Only Held In By Rubber Gromets. Realy Easy...

famous last words...

I've had a lil trouble with each one I've had. never fails, cuts a scrapes each time too. They wanted that to be a dealer fix for sure. -cuss Undo the silver clamps, then jimmy the front and back pieces around till the filter seems loose. Keep in mind that there are tabs at the bottom too, so if it seems that its not coming up when it should, check those tabs at the bottom.

triplethreat

AGENT ORANGE
Reaction score
Thanks for the info I know it is going to cause me problems. Thats just my luck. I guess i'll get the band-aids ready.

Dan

triplethreat

AGENT ORANGE
Reaction score
They say that you have to order 5 or more filter to not get charged shipping but I have never been charged shipping on single purchases unless they add it in the final price. either way My credit card was only charged the $37

Dan

Dale_Lakin

Reaction score
triplethreat said:
what do you guys charge for one?
$37.17 but I can't do free shipping on onesy orders. I only offer free shipping with 6 or more filters mix and match any combination. Otherwise shipping and handling is our minimum of $8.50. Click here for our filter quick reference catalog.

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tripple n Tim

If you guys are having trouble, just remove the band clamp from the intake, anmd take out the whole box... That is a two minute thing... then you can change the filter out of the truck.....

triplethreat

AGENT ORANGE
Reaction score
timntools said:
whew...thought you said banned camp...I figured phil would be along shortly LOL

What's worse is when I read your post I thought you said Band Camp and it reminded me of that movie American Pie LOL :D

Anyway my filter should be here today or tommarow so i guess i'll just take the whole thing out it seems like it will be easier.

Dan