air condition ?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey this is cool! I actually know the answer to this one now, thanks to the Snow Miser. It's the one on the air dryer. ;Sweet

smokin_stroker00

Reaction score
Agnem said:
Hey this is cool! I actually know the answer to this one now, thanks to the Snow Miser. It's the one on the air dryer. ;Sweet

Now is that the round tank close to the heater housing?

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
smokin_stroker00 said:
Now is that the round tank close to the heater housing?
;Sweet That'd be the one.
If'n your converting to 134a you'll need the adapter kit if the system has not been changed over yet.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Agnem said:

Most call it a filter/dryer or accumulator! :) Want to rebuild an entire A/C? Getting ready to tie into the one on the wife's car. Clutch is bad, compressor is almost the same price as the clutch! Might as well flush it out and put the right orifice tube in there for R134a as well as a new filter/dryer, prolly won't work as well as the dump and run I did on her last car, but here goes anyway!

smokin_stroker00

Reaction score
well I got the Ac fixed I hope. Not sure how long it will last 1/2 can made it stay on at an idle but it took 1.5 cans to get it to stay on when you rev up the engine. I will see what happens

LUCKY_LARUE60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you have a gage when you charged the A/C? The compressor is not suppose to "stay on" it is suppose to cycle to keep it from freezing up. If over charged it can damage the compressor by building too much head pressure.

Jim

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure about that Jim. I watched the Snow Miser recharge mine, and we put exactly 2.8lbs in (He had a special scale just made for this purpose). The compressor seems content to stay on all the time, and there is no freeze up going on. This was on a fully evacuated system, with the proper amount of Easter oil added in.

Full Monte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Mel,

Does "Easter oil" come from the Easter Bunny? How many do you have to squeeze to get a quart? :D LOL

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The compressor cycling depends on the fan setting, the ambient temperature and probably 100 other things. In high temps, fan on high and idling the clutch with a full system will probably never cycle.

The Ford manual has charts that list the pressures and cycle times at various temps etc.

I'm glad summer is almost over, my R-255 system wasn't working that well!

smokin_stroker00

Reaction score
LUCKY_LARUE60 said:
Did you have a gage when you charged the A/C? The compressor is not suppose to "stay on" it is suppose to cycle to keep it from freezing up. If over charged it can damage the compressor by building too much head pressure.

Jim
The one can I used had a guage on it and I filled it to the 45psi setting which was supposed to be te max

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Full Monte said:
Hey Mel,

Does "Easter oil" come from the Easter Bunny? How many do you have to squeeze to get a quart? :D LOL

LOL OK, so I don't know how to speel. LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylerperson

Members online