Against the IDI code of honor???

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK. I seen it. Now what do I do? :***:

I got no problem with the Bronco idea, but personally, I think if you take the Ghost's heart out, it's as good as dead. You'll never have the money or time for a major rework. My 86' Ranger is still sitting in the driveway 4 years after I parked it there cause I thought I might get to it. Then it got so bad, I can't sell it. The wheels won't even spin anymore. It's rusted in place. I need a flat bed trailer to drag it up on and ship it to China. :rolleyes: Once you loose faith in it (go into Goat boy mode) put a fork in it.

turbo69

Innocent Bystander
Reaction score
Goat Boy Mode, huh?

I don't think I'll go full Dooge. I like the Ford wrapper better. Mel, I think you may be right in some cases, however I got a harder head on my shoulders than most, and would love to do a ground up on this truck. Money will be an issue, but I'm gonna take my time anyway. My frustration comes from not being able to spend the down time on her, cause I have to drive her to work every night, and can't afford to lose a day. Most of the things that I keep patchin need the extra attention.

Oh well, guess we'll just wait and see. No goat boy here yet. I'm pullin the drive shaft to get it balanced and another carrier bearing put on her this week, along with new u-joints.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess every situation is different. No doubt about it, you don't want to drive it every day if you want to hang onto it, weather it needs repairs or not.

budtoh3zo

Reaction score
If money is a issue i would keep fixing, once u put in a new part u know that will last as long as the old on or longer, If you have to do some preventive matnince on it and replace parts before they need it. Dont let the IDI's die

turbo69

Innocent Bystander
Reaction score
I really don't plan on letting it die...just transplanting it into another body.

What you said, though, is the root of my dillema...replace it, now its fixed...but when other things wear out, it tears up the new stuff faster.

jdkline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not drive it every day? You can rebuild the driveline a heck of a lot cheaper than buying a new(er) vehicle that probably isn't as fun to drive as an IDI. We'll see how long mine makes it. I want to always have one or more in the stable.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmm.... I supose in retrospect, my comment was set out of context. Let me rephrase.

If you want to keep it forever, you can't drive it on days when the weather will try to kill it. Here in the salt belt, that means it needs to stay dry, unless you like fixing rust.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight

Members online