after market fuel pressure gauge

kb1jid

Reaction score
Iam going to install a after market fuel pressure gauge on my 1990 7.3 should I install it between the lift pump and filter or between the filter and IP ? Thanks Bob

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
between filter and ip. This way you know your filter condition and you always know you're supplying fuel to the injector pump vs it having to draw a vacuum. I installed mine on the fuel schrader with a 1/16npt to 1/8npt reducing bushing. On the 7.3 head, you already have a fuel filter sensor you can tee off of. I'm running the 6.9 head to take advantage of better fuel filtration and a cheaper filter.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
It'sacrazyasain do you like your aem kit I've been looking at those kits

It does wonders with keeping egt's in check. I bought the universal kit and built my own tank to mount on the frame rail. I set the controller to start injection at 10psi and it maxes out at 18psi. i do this because the system is progressive, so it'll never go to 99% injection under the normal driving conditions my truck sees. I'm not intercooled, so the water **** works great. Doesn't use very much either, i just buy the cheap blue washer fluid with **** in it at wally world.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some of these threads are so beaten to death it's not funny...the OP has a few posts and just a few days ago we did this whole thing with fuel pressure gauges...LOL SEARCH is your friend...

We just need to make some of these threads or ideas and suggestions into stickies!

kb1jid

Reaction score
Iam sorry I only have a few post but we all have to start somewhere! I can not get search to work from my phone. Thanks itsacrazyasian for the info

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Iam sorry I only have a few post but we all have to start somewhere! I can not get search to work from my phone. Thanks itsacrazyasian for the info

Never ever be sorry for a few posts...never, I only had a few posts when I joined too! As a matter of fact I had zero for a while as I lurked about reading and what not.

Not sure why search won't work on you phone, I was looking last night for O rings for return lines, and noticed on the very top right a small tiny magnifying glass ...that's the search not sure if you see it but I did for the first time using it and was awesome helped a whole lot.

Welcome to the board btw, I apologize if I sounded brash, it's a Al thing sometimes. It is hard to see that your posting from a phone so it's kinda easy to make a quick rbrash statement. Please forgive me.

Do not hesitate to ask?'s but please search too when you can ;Poke as sometimes these threads could be just a page or two back and fully covered. Then again if all your using is a phone, it may not work lol

good luck with your guage.

Al

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online