Advance Auto sells a Cold Air Kit for the 7.3 Turbo

fcdrifter13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kinda....

I was at advanced today goofing around with the ricer stuff they have in the "performance" aisle and learned a little something. For right at 130$ after taxes you can have a great looking almost perfect fitting kit for a Turbo IDI.

Take one APC accord cold air intake and mount it to the turbo, you will find that the b ends match up perfectly with the upper radiator hose and runs along the fan shroud a bit. You then use the little POS universal intake kit they sell, the one with the piece of metal pipe and some flew hose, throw the rest away but use the coupling and the metal piece to extend the intake the rest of the way towards the battery and angle it down, there is a little space for cool air to run in when the truck is rolling.

I will post up some pics tomorrow of what it will all look like when it is finished.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Or for about 1/2 that price you could just buy a hypermax cowl induction already made to fit and get all the cold air induction you could want without having to cobble anything together ;Sweet

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Well, you got it this far, there is a dealer or two on ebay that has silicone hose couplers of assorted angles and diameters. Between that and a few chunks of pipe you should be in business

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
As far as the hypermax intakes, they sell intercoolers as well, so I'm sure they would have a soloution for the cowl induction to go with an intercooler. If you get those folks on the phone they are a blast to talk with. Very helpful( unlike some turbo companies)

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or for about 1/2 that price you could just buy a hypermax cowl induction already made to fit and get all the cold air induction you could want without having to cobble anything together ;Sweet

An in case someone wonders if the cowl induction works - in my truck moving at 45mph the air pressure in front of the windshield is high enough that it pushes air through my entire HVAC system and out my vents at speeds that equal the factory blower fan running in its 2nd motor speed (there are 4 blower speeds). No think about all this air being forced in the engine :D

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As far as the hypermax intakes, they sell intercoolers as well, so I'm sure they would have a soloution for the cowl induction to go with an intercooler. If you get those folks on the phone they are a blast to talk with. Very helpful( unlike some turbo companies)

The cowl induction is on the drivers side. All of Hypermax's piping for their intercooler is on the passenger side. No chance of interfering with each other.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
FC

I for one applaud ya! You're thinking outside the box!

and I look forward to seeing the pictures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger