Adding a Bypass Oil System

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Here's a better video. Obviously still waiting on my threaded filler cap and I have a lot of cleaning up under there to do with some wiring and previous projects, but everything works!

Oil sure flows out of the bypass faster then I thought when it gets hot, but nothing too crazy. Can't wait to get my filler cap and give it some time and see if my oil stays cleaner.

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Tada. Project complete. Took it for a test drive and got it up to 180 something degrees water temp. No leaks. Oil pressure the same while driving, did appear a little low at hot idle but this is the first time I've used synthetic as well and it's also two quarts low after installing all of this stuff so that might effect things since my gauge is electric and tee'd into the factory oil sending unit port.

One other thing I think I'm going to do for exploritory purposes if anyone is interested, is I'm gonna put an oil temp sending unit on the output side of my bypass system to see how much 12 feet of braided hose and a bypass filter cools down the oil.

I really don't have room for another gauge in the cab, so it might just sit in the hood. I have like 9 of the next 16 days off so cleaning up my wiring and getting some of that plastic flex tubing is also on the to do list.

And add two quarts of oil. Haha. Great. Took a truck that held 10, made it hold 11, now it holds 14 cause I added a quart thinking how much could 12 feet of hose and a b164 hold.. and the answer wasn't 1 quart.

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
Glad to see you got it up and running.

Oil flow can be slowed down by using a turbo oil restrictor. They make them in various sizes so you can adjust the oil flow to a turbo. They work great for bypass filters as well.

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the bypass filter already has the paper clip sized pinhole restrictor in it should I even mess with that? It just seemed faster then what I expected the flow to be but it's not like it gave me any issues.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7