Added 5" Exhaust Now hard to start?

rickstricks

Reaction score
I recently added a 5" Granatelli exhaust to my 7.3 idi turbo. I modified the downpipe to mate it to my application. Right after install I started the truck and she fired right up like she always did. Now, it's taking about 4-5 tries to get her to fire, and even then sometimes it'll just choke out and have to try again. Once it starts it runs fine and once it's warmed up, it'll start right back up first try. Any ideas? It's very troubling. Can't understand why adding an exhaust would make my truck hard to start. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
Did you happen to bump one of the return lines by the turbo when you were working on it? That may be letting air into the system now.

rickstricks

Reaction score
Did you happen to bump one of the return lines by the turbo when you were working on it? That may be letting air into the system now.

I'd say it's a definite possibility. Something to check for sure. I'll give it a look tonight. Thank you

rickstricks

Reaction score
Luckily the problem ended up being that I had 6 bad glowplugs. The weather here has just recently started to cool off thus causing my starting problem. A couple of new plugs and she's right as rain again. Thanks for your input.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online