Accept me back from the darkside? Pleaseee?

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Should have listened to you guys. But I was blinded by rust free and ice cold a/c! (you west coasters don't have this problem)I haven't owned this powerstroke long and it's been one thing after another, getting good use of my AAA card. My trusty rusty IDIs never left me dead in the water. I could afford a new truck payment with how much I've sunk into this thing a month!! I'm on the lookout for a crew cab IDI F350 , preferably stick 4X4. Not picky, just don't want a rust bucket. Keep an eye out for me, or if someone was interested in taking this thing for a trade. I'm actually going to look at Benton's crew cab turbo idi dually soon...

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity what kinda problems were you running into with your psd

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Lets see...pushed a oil plug out and drained 9 quarts til the hpop ran dry, injectors went bad ($1300 later...just for injectors...have a but load more in it) valvecover gaskets, pigtails, 3 turbos, 2cps's, fuel bowl wiring harness burnt, sensors going bad randomly, and now it kicks a check engine light whenever it feels like it and starts missing. I was contemplating a DT360 swap but I don't have the time or money and i'd rather do that to a crew cab. I must have $6000 into it just keeping it running!

tractorman86

Reaction score
man, that must have been a monday built truck...sorry to hear of your troubles and good luck finding your cc

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Nope.... Not happening.. Now just go away...:backoffcookoo

Actually very sorry to read of the problems you have run into. With all the sensers failing I wonder if it was a "washed DMV" flood victom in another state. Well at least you have fixed what you can so that adds something to the list price. I'm sure any used car dealer will trade to that for an idi crewcab and not cry much.. They kinda like trading an old truck for a newer truck. Condition makes the deal and I think your looking really good trading down too in years. Contact towcat. He lives these trucks and may know of one or two that are sitting waiting for you. Maybe even typ4 Russ might know of some ready to trade up.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope.... Not happening.. Now just go away...:backoffcookoo

Now now Gary, he is asking to be accepted back and says he's learned his lesson...I suspect that a financial lesson learned is...MONEY WELL SPENT ...buwa haha ha ha....nothing like investment in education right Gary? ;Poke

Boooo.... Puts head down and steps back...

I can't speak for others but u still have a scout right so you never really left IMHO...just took a unpleasant dishonorable journey off the beaten path to a side that is full of temptation and intoxicating power....

To me it seems you've paid in full for the education received and are willing to give up the potential joys of that side for the life of knowing and trusting and low cost of good OLE iron!

Just sayin..

You are welcome back from me

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
True. The scout fires up every time I turn the key. The psd you could take bets to weither it's going to miss, not start or fire up.....

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Ok Al.. We can give him a section 8... Thats one step up from a dishonorable. Lessons are costly most of the time. I'm still wondring why all the problems came up in the last month. I think he will do ok trading this for an idi. Even listing it on craigslist as a straight across trade.. See what comes up. A person can always say no to any trade. Who knows.. Maybe this is all the problems that are going to pop up so possibility the next owner will have a great truck too. Its all kate I guess. I'm not a believer in good luck or bad.. Its what happens.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jon, stop farting around with that dang HEUI PSD and get back to work on that DT466.

LOL

Heath

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should have listened to you guys. But I was blinded by rust free and ice cold a/c! (you west coasters don't have this problem)
Some of us do :shocked: even a Rust Belt guy wouldn't take a second look at my truck :shocked: :cry:

That's a scary story, that's for sure...wow!! With that said, in a day and age when even Mel owns a PSD, I don't think it's as much of a crime to own one direct-injected vehicle as it once was LOL As far as I'm concerned, you never really left, but you're welcome anyways ;Sweet