Accept me back from the darkside? Pleaseee?

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Glad I'm not being chased away with pitchforks and torches. I've been helping my friend swap a.EFI 345 into his '70 scout 800, and trying to keep the stroker alive. I'm dying to get back on the travelette! Soon enough, I'll post any updates here....not that anyone is following along or anything!

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
I got it at about 293k, its got 310k now. The original one I assumed was tired at 300k, then the o rings started leaking (when I pulled it, it had lots of slop so out was on its way out...) so I replaced it with a 1.0 housing IH one which lasted 2 weeks (think I over spooled it, could bury the 35 psi gauge with ease) then it started pouring oil out of the exhaust. I just put another one on (used) and I'm still getting a haze of smoke. I give up!

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad I'm not being chased away with pitchforks and torches. I've been helping my friend swap a.EFI 345 into his '70 scout 800, and trying to keep the stroker alive. I'm dying to get back on the travelette! Soon enough, I'll post any updates here....not that anyone is following along or anything!

i want to see pics of a V8 crammed into a scout 800.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
It fits with plenty if room! You may be thinking of the 4 cyl 80s where the rad support is 8" back.actually theres so much room with the 8 cyl you can get all the bellhousing bolts from the top!

Yeah I was on PSN, theres more traffic there than the PSD section here. I figured the most traffic here is well here with the idis!

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sucks to hear that Jon..........., hey atleast you didn't go chebby haha

On the minivan subject I had a 92 plymouth voyager as my first vehicle in highschool...was by no means a chick magnet but it did have a lotta room in the back. It also had a good amount of power

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sucks to hear that Jon..........., hey atleast you didn't go chebby haha

On the minivan subject I had a 92 plymouth voyager as my first vehicle in highschool...was by no means a chick magnet but it did have a lotta room in the back. It also had a good amount of power

I've seen pics of yer GF, cutie, how the hell did you score so good? *** over? Must NOT be the mini van...if some guy showed up to pick up my daughter in a mini van, I'd be like NOPE ain't happening. LOL

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahah Al that made me chuckle. I'd have to say it was my good looks and charm :D.

Haha O I agree with you there Id do the same with my future daughter.....especially knowing what goes on in them:sly....I actually use to refer to it as "the bangbus" Lol