A REpower swap?

mort

Reaction score
Man I hope its not that in depth! That's more than I would want to do at this point!

timothyr1014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
while i will agree that you can splice and keep the dash (sans the insturment cluster), going from a 92 to 84 is MUCH more straightforward than going from a 95 to 89...I would really have to love my 89 to even think about that swap, and I probably still wouldnt do it

As far as the dash...again I say swap the door and you will be fine

gatorman21218

Reaction score
If i were you i would fab up a new dash and put stewart warner or isspro gauges in it. Half of mine dont work from 91 so i bet yours are living on borrowed time. Ford isnt known for their high quality never fail gauges.

mort

Reaction score
The only thing about using after market gauges is the cost! I'm trying to pull this off on a budget. I already got the cost of a Pyro and a boost gauge. And I honestly like the way the 92 cluster looks

biggin92

Yeeeee Haaawwww
Reaction score
i know that , its the same body style its the same column same dash same pedals it doesnt matter what motor all this stuff still has to be changed

biggin92

Yeeeee Haaawwww
Reaction score
how is going from gen 9 truck to a gen 7 truck more straight forward than a gen 9 truck to a gen 8 truck? the gen 7 and 8 take the same column almost the same pedals and the same holes in the firewall for wiring, its the same swap besides the fact its idi verses ps

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online