A Prospect

justinray

Contributor
Reaction score
That many gears comes in handy with any diesel though, when pulling EXTREMELY heavy.. Because of how small the powerband is, on any diesel.

BuckinBronco

Reaction score
I don't haul enough to need the extra gears right now. Hell this entire thread is speculatory. I'll build as needed

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Gotta hold the manual glow plug switch for 30 seconds...:eek::rotflmao That sure is pie in the sky thinking.. But just maybe this has the plugs that are constant duty and wont burn out... Or they were autplites with a champion chaser added because thats all they had at vatozone... Or J.C. Whipme.....:eek::angel:

BuckinBronco

Reaction score
Gotta hold the manual glow plug switch for 30 seconds...:eek::rotflmao That sure is pie in the sky thinking.. But just maybe this has the plugs that are constant duty and wont burn out... Or they were autplites with a champion chaser added because thats all they had at vatozone... Or J.C. Whipme.....:eek::angel:

You lost me.

BuckinBronco

Reaction score
30 seconds is WAY too long to hold these glowplugs on..

I know that. I'm not a complete idiot.

I was speaking more in terms of what are you talking about? I haven't looked at the truck. If I do get the truck, I'm not going to take the short cuts with it.

jhnlennon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The truck in the link has a 4.10 open dana 70 according to my 85 factory service manual. The code got reassigned again when the super duty came out with the dana 80. Most the internet links for THAT gear code are refering to the f-Superduty. Ive never seen a 4x4 F250-350 with anything but a 3.55 or 4.10 either.

Last edited:

BuckinBronco

Reaction score
The truck in the link has a 4.10 open dana 70 according to my 85 factory service manual. The code got reassigned again when the super duty came out with the dana 80. Most the internet links for THAT gear code are refering to the f-Superduty. Ive never seen a 4x4 F250-350 with anything but a 3.55 or 4.10 either.

That is what I thought. I never say anybody with 4.62 gears or for that matter knew you could get a gear that low with a diesel. The reference guide was showing for the 90 model year too. Well that's one less thing to worry about.

BuckinBronco

Reaction score
The new tires and pump are a plus. From what I've been reading on here, the pump should be good for the life of the truck given where I am. The tires probably will be swapped at some point. Highway tires don't do it for me.